• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Emailing from within Acrobat Pro DC

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After one of the recent updates, we lost our ability to send pdf files via email from within Acrobat.  We are using the Microsoft Outlook client for email and when we click the envelope icon on the Acrobat toolbar, nothing happens. 

Any thoughts?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Found a solution:  Open Programs and Features and select the Repair option for Microsoft Office.  Run the repair and restart.  The email feature in Acrobat will now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brettb,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. As per the description above, you are not able to send PDF files via email function in Acrobat Pro DC, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following links which discuss  the similar issue and try the steps from the link

Why can't I send pdf as an attachment to an  email in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the program using...

Reader DC "send file as e-mail attachment" button not working: Outlook 2016

You may also refer to Sharing PDFs Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/sharing-pdfs.html

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  When I click on either of those links, they to take me back to this discussion, rather than some other discussion.

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that this same issue created lots of attention a year ago.  In the thread, there is talk that a patch was coming out to resolve the issue.  But I will still go through the recommended process.  I am running Win 10 64-bit, but how do I know which version 32 or 64) of Adobe Pro DC I am running?  I don't see it in the Help>About screen.

Thanks again,

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

To check the dot version installed  of Acrobat, navigate to Help>About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and you can also refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

If you want to check the released versions according to date, refer to Overview — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  Link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html and can download the latest version accordingly.

Please share the dot version of Acrobat installed.

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I know that I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but the Help >> About screen does not tell me the bit version (32 or 64).  Can you tell from this screenshot, which bit I am running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows that the version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Classic Version 2015.006.30355. the last update

And Acrobat Pro DC is a 32-bit application that can run and has been tested on 64-bit versions of Microsoft operating system.

You may also refer to Adobe 64-bit support

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the 32-bit Registry update from October of 2016, but that is not resolving my issue.  When I click on the email icon inside of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I get the little spinning blue circle for a moment and then it goes away.

The resolution from the links you provided does not seem to be a resolution for our issue.

Thank you,

Brett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brett,

Please uninstall and reinstall the Acrobat and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a bunch of machines now.   The common thread is that all of these computers have received the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.  I have computers with this issue with both paid and reader versions from 2015-2017 with all the latest updates for each version.  Generally these computer are using Outlook 2010 or 2013 connected to Exchange.

It seems to be pretty clearly related to the update, so hopefully Microsoft or Adobe will come out with a solution to fix the problem soon.  Or, perhaps this will go the more usual "head in the sand" route where this issue is not acknowledged to exist, or if it is, then it is blamed on the other party (MS blames Adobe and Adobe blames MS, meanwhile the issue goes nowhere).

Adobe Acrobat has already grown radically overpriced in the last couple years.  The pricing and this new issue really has me looking hard at moving our 300 computers to a competitor. nottheonlygameintown​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tedk,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, we are trying to replicate the issue at our end, and trying to find the solution . If you want you can report the issue directly through Feature Request/Bug Report Form  Link: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the same page as Tedk.  After the feature update, none of our workstations can email from within Acrobat Pro DC. As you suggested, I did a full uninstall and a re-install, and still the same problem.  I click on the send email envelope, and it thinks for a moment, and then nothing happens.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration, but I think it's pretty obvious the culprit is Microsoft if the functionality worked before and an update of the OS broke it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is most likely true.  But Microsoft is not going fix Acrobat.  And when the OS changes, the applications need to follow suit,

Users need Adobe to work on a solution, not point fingers.  Because we are obviously stuck in the middle.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution:  Open Programs and Features and select the Repair option for Microsoft Office.  Run the repair and restart.  The email feature in Acrobat will now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can click on the email envelope in all my office products except my Adobe Acrobat Pro.  It use to work until I got a new pc.  THE OLD PC HAD WINDOWS 7 with office 201,  this new computer  is Windows 10 with office 2019  And the only application that does not allow me to email by clicking the little envelope is Adobe pro.   It does not even work to click on file and attach to an email.  I get the same error. "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"     I did that and it is the only default client.

do I have to upgrade to a different adobe pro.  I love this Adobe Pro it lets me created and edit pdf's forms etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution didn't work for me.  We repaired office and it is still the same issue.  Can you say if you did the quick repair or online repair of Office?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Office 2013 installed on my C-drive (not Office Online).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Office is also installed on my hard drive.  When I repair I have 2 options though, quick repair or online repair.  I am running office 2016 and acrobat DC Pro (not reader), but the symptoms are the same.  If I click the email button within Acrobat I get a blue circle and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what comes-up for me.  I selected the Repair.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robkassab,

Please choose Repair option and complete the Repair process. Once Repair is done, reboot the machine and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

I know to use the Repair option since it worked for me.  I was answering championone's question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ii use a roadrunner.com account and it wont connect to server when I try to email fro Adobe Acrobat.  Please help.  I tried to set up as other email and nothing helps.  Im using windows 10 email program to read/send emails on this particular workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines