Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 64 bits for Android

Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I saw today (25-01-2019) a new update of AIR but still without any mention about support for Android 64 bits its that will be a requirement soon.

I want to update an AIR App but I'm worry about this requirement from Google.

We already have 64 bits support for all other AIR options.

This is only the missing piece.

Any predictions about 64 bits support for Android

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more info about this on a different thread, Re: Air Android architecture , sounds like Adobe is aware and could be working on the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it worrying that for a problem of this magnitude, there is surprisingly little noise in the community on the subject and absolutely no official position from Adobe. I've opened a ticket for it here, Tracker.​ Maybe we can put more pressure on them to give us an answer asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems that the community get used to issues that are solved on the very last minute.

Seems that they are more focus about things like retired founds of other projects that are supposed to be free (seems that there is a misunderstanding about what is a free project nowadays).

Currently I see that AIR can survive on Windows and macOS because they are already 64 bits and there is no prediction that applications will stop working however, because desktop is a more stable environment.

However on mobile side it's a complete different story because we depend on stores politics that are changing all the time and OS SDK's changes.

This issue it's a completly blocker.

In a few month I'm planning to update one App and if I don't see any news on AIR labs about Android 64 bits support, I don't see any other alternative that completely change runtime.

If that happens, for me AIR em Mobile it's over.

It's very difficult to find a viable alternative but maybe Xamarim seems to be a good candidate.

For me HTML is for Web and so completely out of the question to use as a WebApp mobile on the same way that I don't use a boat for the road !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines