Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC and Quadro Cards don't mix for me

Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an ongoing issue for me since I got a new box (Dual Xeon, Quadro K5200, 64 GB RAM). It ONLY happens when using or launching Premiere Pro CC: The video diver crashes (I can still hear the audio playing) causing a black screen, forcing me to hard reset. THis has gone on through multiple versions of PP CC (since 2016) and I have religiously updated the Quadro drivers. It's now happening on another Windows 10 system (laptop) with a Quadro P3000. ANyone else have this issue and/or solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try an older driver if the new driver is not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. No joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an older card. The 2019 version dropped support for older Fermi based GTX cards and also the older "architecture" Quadro cards.

There are some cards for which a new type of driver updates them for use with Pr 2019.

There's a list somewhere of the outdated cards in their specs for requirements for Pr 2019.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up and running yet, edh?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking, Kevin. Unfortunately, I am still dealing with daily crashes (2-7x per work week, I reckon). While the info regarding the Fermi support is helpful, it doesn't really apply in my case since I've been dealing with this problem since 2016 when I first got this workstation. Currently running Nvidia driver Build 411.95. I will update to 412.16 now and hope for a miracle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are still running into trouble, edh, you may want to contact our agents. We can help you 1-1 with issues: Contact Customer Care Premiere Pro CC home screen never show up

Hope we can assist you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines