• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2019 Laggy Playback

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Premiere from CC2018 to CC2019 and now i'm experiencing an incredible amount of lag upon playback.

I'm not editing the next big motion film. I'm editing so screen recorded games to make some highlights. I experienced no issues before upgrading to CC2019 with my playback. But now if i'm lucky i get 20 seconds of smooth playback before the video just stops. Audio keeps going and sounds fine.

It's making it near impossible to edit anything.

This is the video format i'm trying to edit:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 59.29 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 60.00

Source Audio Format: 44100 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 44100 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 04:35:21:35

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Alpha: None

Video Codec Type: MP4/MOV H.264 4:2:0

Again, CC2018 had no issues scrubbing/playing back these files. Why is CC2019 having so many problems? Is there a hidden setting that got turned on? Is it a new feature like Photoshop's Transform Tool no longer needing to hold Shift to keep the scale uniform?

I've searched the forums and seen many adobe solutions saying to create proxies. But most of those are in replies to people trying to edit 4k gorgeous footage stuff.

I just want to edit some derpy .mp4 gameplay.

Do i really HAVE to make proxies of 1080p .mp4 videos to get an edit done??

I'd rather downgrade back to CC2018 than have to render out proxies for a codec as small as this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

CS_IanBaker,

Do you have a mic plugged into your rig? If so, unplug it. Check Audio Hardware prefs to make sure they are set correctly, then give it another spin. Any improvement in performance?

Let us know, as that may help others solve this sticky issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS_IanBaker,

Do you have a mic plugged into your rig? If so, unplug it. Check Audio Hardware prefs to make sure they are set correctly, then give it another spin. Any improvement in performance?

Let us know, as that may help others solve this sticky issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also check your sequence settings and make sure the audio sample rate of your footage matches the sequence settings: i.e. 44.1K or 48K. That can help.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into audio hardware and set the Microphone option to 'No Input' and my video seems to be running smoothly now.

Weird fix, but a fix is a fix! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a quick follow up, i was having this issue on my home computer (PC) as well as my work machine (Mac). Going into Audio Hardware is the preferences/settings and switching the "Default Input" to 'No Input' has fixed the laggy playback issue on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines