• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling is no longer shown (in preview) unless position is also applied

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something apparently changed in my setup today, because I'm no longer to add keyframed scaling unless I also apply keyframed positioning. At least, that is, if I want to see it in the preview window. Let me walk you though this.

Say I create a new project, add some random still image, and create a new sequence with it by just dropping it onto the New Sequence button. I add two scaling keyframes at any random points, setting them to whatever percentage. If I then play the project in the preview window, at the first keyframe, it suddenly jumps to the scaling set at the next keyframe, rather than smoothly scaling between the two. However, if I set in & out points at the beginning and the end and do a preview render with shift+enter, now the preview window correctly shows the smooth transition. Alternatively, if I also keyframe the position at the same points, and shift the image by only one pixel in any direction, now the scaling effect is shown correctly in the preview window.

I've been banging my head against this for hours. In any previously saved project, everything works like I expect, unless I try to add an object to the old sequences, which shows this new, insane behavior. Is there some preference somewhere that says "Only show clip scaling if there's also a position change"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen others report similar oddities with Scaling keyframes in version 13.  Could be a bug.

Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing it. I tried with a few sequences and a jpg. So far I can't duplicate it.

Win10 - 1803 / PP 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about this post, it seems to be actually due to some other weirdness. I'd installed Premiere on my notebook, and sync was stomping on the settings every time one of them was booted, leaving both installs weird and flaky. After I finally managed to get it off of the notebook (it wouldn't uninstall without an internet connection...), I reset everything and now it seems to be working. Thanks for checking for me, though, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines