• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relinking media in another computer and the media comes all misplaced

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a really shitty problem happening in my Adobe Premiere.

It's happening everytime I open a project tha has been edited in another machine.

When I open the project and (correctly) relink the media, It just simply relink all the right media but at the wrong timing.

The cuts are all correct and right there in the sequence, the media is linked correctly, but it comes somehow unsynced, at the wrong timing.

I checked the timecode and it seems that it's just about right... I'm trying to solve this for months and have no ideai whats happening, It's fcking killing my workflow.

Does anyone have a clue on that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of media, from what camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.MP4 from a Sony A7s!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I would expect that to work fine.

One thing to check.  It's important to always copy the full media card over to an internal hard drive for editing, and then leave the contents you just copied alone.  Never delete, rename or move those individual files.  When you need to move the media, you have to move the entire top level folder from the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up! But the thing is that we are working in this project in multiple machines, so we have like 2 External Hard Drive that mirrors each other.

But even when I use the same External HD for editing in other machine it still happen the problem...

I'm starting to think that has something to do with the Sequence, but I already tried to export an XML and all but still happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so my next recommendation is Step 3H below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines