• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Detective Work - Tracing a clip to its projects

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to re-edit a video how every i have no idea where the prproj is that it exists in. I have all of the media but can not remember what i called the project as it was 4 years ago.

So i am wondering if there is a way to trace the media to the project???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not.  You will need to open each project and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you might be able to narrow it down a little bit. If you look at your media files, is there a 4 year old modification date on any of the files? Are there XMP files with a likely date?

If so, you would only need to look in the .prproj files that have a nearby origination date.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Media Browser from within Premiere, it could help speed things up because you don't need to open the projects to peek inside them. Just click on the project name in the tree view, and its contents will load in the browser. You can then load a sequence into the Source Monitor without having to import anything into your existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep Thats what i thought. It's the hard way or no way.

I thought i remembered a file program that would tell you where that file was referenced based on readable projects.

But i will find it eventually. It is the craziest thing i have ever seen. It would seem someone would be able to create that app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines