• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maximise Screen Shortcut Doesn't Work

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't used PP for a couple of months, and one of my main "getting set up" shortcuts is gone.  It was the backtick ` which would make the window go full screen.

windows key and up doesn't work on the second and 3rd screens, and it would also hide the title bar and menu bar, giving me more real estate...

I have searched the commands and shortcuts and can't find this anywhere, has it been removed?  If so why?

Also ~ to make a single panel full screen doesn't work anymore 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Try ctrl+\

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not on a usa keyboard, you need to go into the KBSC and remap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why, it used to work?

Anyway, so I found apostrophe is toggle full screen for the panel, however the main one I want is to full screen the entire application.

I found that ctrl + alt  + \ does this, however if you do it on the panels on monitor 2, it moves them to monitor 1.

I use 3 screens, and used to be able to maximise them all.  Now I can only maximise screen 1.

This is not the first time that we've found an update has really regressed features.

What's the way now to get each monitor full screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the 'shortcut' in the thread title is not the issue, either are shortcuts at all correct?

Thus you may want another thread, as this one is badly named and the real issue is multiple monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right... well no idea what this means: "either are shortcuts at all correct?"

But thanks for helping clarify.

And I think the thread title is correct, there was a shortcut, which would maximise the working area to the screen, no matter which screen you were on.  It wasn't screen specific, it was screen agnostic.  It seems it now only works on one screen that's true, however same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: also found that the shortcut, ctrl + alt + \ is not in the KBSC settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have anything on this?  It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search in the KBSC for Maximize to find all different ways of maximazing a panel. This is a great way to find/map shortcuts by name rather than by their old shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not there, that was the first thing I tried.

The one called "toggle maximize monitor" just makes the program panel maximize.

The shortcut that used to work still does work, however it moves the second and 3rd monitor panel "sets" to the first monitor.  So it basically now does "max to monitor 1".  It's not quite the same as maximise though, as it removes all the menu bar and extra bevelling etc to really make the most of all real estate.  However this keyboard shortcut does NOT show up in the settings at all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, sorry, my bad. I think the one you are actually looking for is Toggle Full Screen.

On my system this give me a full screen look of the video without anything else around the video from the Source and/or Progam panel. So if my Source panel is selected i get the video in Source panel and if my Program panel is selected i get video in the Program panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not that one either.  It was the one that made it go from this:

NgMfGNX.jpg

To this

PEIEPyu.jpg

Makes a big difference when the 2+ monitors don't have the maximise capability....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ctrl+\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Try ctrl+\

Nice! Ann got it, well done!

I just tried it. BTW: First press (if your screen is not maximized) is to maximize the screen in a typical way, like clicking the maximize box upper right, but from that state it does just what you are looking for. In your pictures above. I Couldn't find that shortcut in the KBSC dialog but it does work... sweet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works in After Effects also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh come to my arms my beamish boy...  that's the one!

Why it's not in shortcut list, and why there's no "maximise" option like other apps I don't know, but this does the trick nicely!

Thanks Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why it's not in shortcut list, and why there's no "maximise" option like other apps I don't know, but this does the trick nicely!

This shortcut is hard coded into the application and cannot be changed. That´s why it cannot be found in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Another downside is that it only work on keyboards with a native \-key making that shortcut unaviable for many users. I cannot use it since i use a Swedish keyboard. I have tried to advocate for a change but nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "keyboard" team seems fairly responsive. I've had a few requests sent over and they've actually done them! Latest one was changing the default option on the keyboard mapping screen from the OK button to the search text box (thus eliminating 3 shift-tabs to get to the search box). That got done in 13.0. So, keep trying. I see the ctrl+\ is available in After Effects, so maybe keep trying and the right person will see it.

By the way, AE has two keys mapped to it by default, one looks like a non-usa keyboard, did you try that key combo in PP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

It does not work in Pr but i can map it to another key in Ae. The command Maximize App Window is not (yet?) aviable in Premiere Pro. I will file this tomorrow! Thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "keyboard" team seems fairly responsive.

, i hope they fix it for Premiere Pro as well.

I did file this one today: Resize application window or floating window to fit screen - Add to Keyboard Shortcuts – Adobe video...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens  This shortcut no longer works in version 14.5.0 - any idea how we can maximise second windows now?

Regards, aTomician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just watching a Motion Array video on Useful Keyboard shortcuts.. number 10 is the Ctrl+\

Top 10 Premiere Pro Keyboard Shortcuts You Never Knew - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines