• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro: Files not updating that I am attempting to work in simple time rather than frames.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Premiere Pro:

Sorry if my title is a bit confusing, I'm trying to have my files on the timeline show their time property rather than frames.

My files are not showcasing the actual time of each file when I go to adjust the speed or duration on the files, I know it is better to work in frames, however, I find it much easier to work this way.

timecode.PNG

The duration says 138 when the file itself is slightly less than five seconds. These are some of my current settings which may help showcase what I might be doing wrong.

timecode3.PNG

I've also updated the timecode to showcase that I am working in time and not only just frames

It's not high priority, but it is slightly bugging me, if you have any solutions it would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Easy fix! Two things. In your Sequence Settings, change your Display Format back to 24fps or 29.97 fps, depending on your needs. And if you're still seeing the colon followed by 5 zeros in the timeline ruler, you also need to turn off "Show Audio Time Units" by going to the Settings (looks like a wrench) icon in the Program Monitor and deselecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easy fix! Two things. In your Sequence Settings, change your Display Format back to 24fps or 29.97 fps, depending on your needs. And if you're still seeing the colon followed by 5 zeros in the timeline ruler, you also need to turn off "Show Audio Time Units" by going to the Settings (looks like a wrench) icon in the Program Monitor and deselecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines