• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Home Screen on Adobe Pr Pro CC 2019...

Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings folks,

Has anyone experienced this problem since updating to Pr Pro CC 2019?

I've seen similar things like this in the forums for older versions of Pr, but those fixes do not seem to apply here.

Just hours ago my "home" screen in Adobe Pr Pro CC 2019 open up completely black.  It was working earlier in the day. 

I did an uninstall, reinstall, and restart, and have also opened Pr while holding option to clear preferences, but no luck.

I've used an old trick for earlier versions of the app, where you rename the "opm.db" file from inside the OOBE folder and restart but no luck.

I also noticed this problem on the home screen when I opened up Adobe Photoshop CC 2019.  Not sure what to make of it.

I can still open project and work with them but it seems odd this has randomly happened and would like to get it back to normal.

Anyone out there have a fix?

My systems specs:

macOS High Sierra  version 10.13.6 (17G65)

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

Memory: 17GB 1066 Mhz DDR3

Processor: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

*I recently swapped the video card out from a Quadro 4000 for Mac 2GB video card.  The ATI is a step down in RAM but it's stable for some reason.  Even with drivers, the nVidia Quadro just kept having kernel panics and boot loops.  Sometime stable, other times random. So far the ATI experience has been very pleasurable.

Thank for your time folks!

Best ~ MJW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

MJW,

Your system is underpowered for current versions of Premiere Pro. You may want to downgrade to an earlier version. Hope that info helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MJW,

Your system is underpowered for current versions of Premiere Pro. You may want to downgrade to an earlier version. Hope that info helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin! Sorry for the delay in reply.

So the post script to this story, and I've learned a lot, yes, you are right, the system was underpowered.

I have gotten the Quadro 4000 for Mac to work finally, it's still temperamental, but from time to time, it decides to play nice.

So the home page won't shoe up unless the graphics card is strong enough to support the app.

My new problem is that I cannot get CUDA graphics acceleration to work, even though the 2019 apps list the Quadro 4000 as one of the cards it supports for CUDA. 

Thanks for your help Kevin!  I'm expecting a  Quadro K5000 for Mac to show up and make a difference, since it seems the Keppler cards are still supported and the Fermi cards, (Quadro 4000 for Mac) are not.

Best,

MJW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two problems with my Version 13.0.2 (build 38), one being perhaps related to this post.

1. I may be having a similar problem with my home page that is not black but blue with the previous projects that used to be revealed but now no longer showing with a revolving partly blue wheel in the center.  I can bypass this by opening projects one by one that I can edit.

2.  I cannot scroll the various character sets in the Legacy Title Properties Font Family.

My system is as follows:

Windows 10 Pro

Hex Core i7 - 3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz

RAM 32 GB

64-bit OS No Pen or Touch for PA249Q display

4 1TB 7200rpm in 2 RAID config, 3 SSD, I PNY USB3  flash, drives for capacity/cost compromise.

What do you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines