Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

16:9 Video for conference projector/screen/monitor with powerpoint slide

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had a request to create a video to be played during a conference. This conference is a small part of a big technology event abroad.

The event website says that all speakers are expected to present from their own laptop, which must have the necessary ports to connect to session room equipment. This is some of the equipment provided

• Screen sized for room
  • Projector optimized for 16x9
  • Will support HDMI and VGA

The client asked to start the video with an image from a powerpoint presentation. The video is supposed to follow the last PPT slide, and for that I need to use the same last slide from the presentation. When I asked him for the size of the monitor/projector, he didn't know much about the technicalities but said that it needed to be 16:9.

I am used to produce 1920x1080 square pixels, mainly for youtube so I set up my project similarly as I do for youtube videos, only this time I made it bigger - 16:9 frame 3840x2160 square pixels (1.0) 25fps, to allow for the highest quality.

With the powerpoint presentation, I downloaded the last slide as 3840x2160, because if I chose the default option it would save it as squashed - 4:3 frame size. Although in both occasions including the squashed version 4:3 on the properties window it would show as aspect ration of 1.0.

This is how the powerpoint presentation looks on screen - it's set up as 16:9 option

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 09.24.20.png

The client will have no time/access to test the video until just an hour before the conference so no chance to make changes.

My worries and question is if this is the right format in this situation.

I fear that the projector or monitor could somehow distort my video (stretching it out) if it doesn't interpret my square pixels.

Should I anticipate and present another version with a non square pixels to avoid this situation and if so, what set up for my project and how to adapt my movie to it?

My plan is to deliver 2 MP4 files: one of 3840 x2160 and another of 1920x1080.

I was questioning wether I should also produce a mov version?  I saved as a mov file, I get the letterboxing - if I cropped it would it be OK?

Will AVI be necessary if the client used PC?

Sorry if these are silly questions but I'm still quite new and this is my first time producing a video for this type of event with little detail with no space for amends

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

You have very legitimate concerns, especially:

lauralop.com  wrote

The client will have no time/access to test the video until just an hour before the conference so no chance to make changes.

The only time I have ever been involved with this kind of thing, the video was delivered to the client and they added it directly to the PowerPoint deck. This allowed the them to advance to the movie without having to change applications, etc. This also allowed them to personally confirm it worked.

The size of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using premiere pro to create the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I use aftereffects for some clips and premiere pro CS6 to put it all together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - Yes, my project is Premiere Pro Creative Suite 2019 (no CS6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have very legitimate concerns, especially:

lauralop.com  wrote

The only time I have ever been involved with this kind of thing, the video was delivered to the client and they added it directly to the PowerPoint deck. This allowed the them to advance to the movie without having to change applications, etc. This also allowed them to personally confirm it worked.

The size of your video would be determined by your source clips for the video. If they were shot a 1080p, enlarging (scaling) them to 1440p is going to degrade the image.

H.264 is an almost universally acceptable delivery form, with most computers able to play it well, and would be my first choice, BUT you need to confirm this works. Create a short test video, send it to the client so they can verify the workflow of adding it to their PowerPoint Deck - while you work on the actual video.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg, Thanks for your reply.

I have given them a MP4 test as you say, just don't know if they will be able to play it on time. Which version worked for you if you don't mind me asking?

What do you mean by "adding it to the PowerPoint Deck"? Is there a deck where all presentations have to go? Sorry for my silly question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry do you mean to import the videoclip into the last page of their actual Powerpoint presentation so that they play it without having to switch to applications such as quick time etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks! It all worked well in the end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines