• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CUDA Acceleration Not Available in CC2019

Participant ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 10 Laptop, I have a Quadro M1000M graphics card with 2GB VRAM.  It worked well for Premiere Editing on the road.

I upgraded to PP2019, and now there is no option to use CUDA for accelerated playback, meaning I am really unable to work with XDCAM footage on the road.  "Software Only" and "OpenCL" are the only options.

Using PP2018 on the same computer, CUDA is available, but in PP2019 it is not.  I recently completed a clean installation of windows, and downloaded most recent Nvidia drivers directly from the website and installed.  Adobe says that you need 2GB VRAM, which my graphics card has.

Please help!

R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

This driver supports CUDA 10.0

The driver does, but your card only supports CUDA up to 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr 2019 requires Cuda 9.2 or newer.  Have you checked to see if a newer Nvidia driver is available for your video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my original post, I have most recent drivers as of feb 10, 2019, R418 U1 (418.81).  This driver supports CUDA 10.0, so I'm assuming that includes 9.2.

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@annbens I have read that document, and the only steps it indicates to do is to update your GPU driver and restart, and as I indicated in my first post, I have done this.

There are other photoshop-specific steps in the other FAQ document provided, and I don't see how those are relevant.  At the end of that doc, it simply says "reinstall GPU driver" as well.

The clutch thing here is that PP2018 works *fine* with GPU acceleration.  It's something about 2019 that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This driver supports CUDA 10.0

The driver does, but your card only supports CUDA up to 5.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, thank you very much.  I didn't understand if there was a difference between what the driver could support and what the card could do, and couldn't find the right info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines