Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

additional audio that plays when you press a button

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a 2 part question:

1 - I thought I could assign an audio track to a click box, but it's not working. How can I do this? I want to create a little PLAY button that plays an audio track only if you click it.

2 - If there is a regular voice over track that explains the slide, can I additionally have a PLAY button that plays a different track if it gets clicked?

And if I can't do this, does anyone have a suggestion for getting this result?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there firefly66

What you can do is to edit the properties for the Click Box or Button object and enable the Success Caption. Configure the caption so it is transparent and has no actual text. Then assign the audio via the Audio tab on the caption. The end result should be that your user clicks successfully, the Success Caption displays and triggers the Audio.

Hopefully that helps with what you are looking to do... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick
Great suggestion. I configued the Success Caption as you suggested and it works great!

I have realized though that I really want 2 audio tracks - a v/o that explains what's happening, and then the play button. v/o tracks can't be background audio, can it? because background will loop, and don't want me explaining over and over and over. :)

You had a great suggestion in a previous post of putting the 2nd audio track in a slide right after the one that's suppose to play it. If the slides are identical, no one will realize we've changed slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources