• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does CC 2019 support VFR footage?

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing webcam footage and the frame rate is set at 30.03 fps. It plays perfectly on my computer, but when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro The audio and video are out of sync. This tells me that the footage has a variable frame rate. I import it into Premiere and pull up the properties on the clip and it doesn't say "Variable Frame Rate Detected" and doesn't give me the MPEG Source Settings effect controls of the clip.

I have called Adobe Support and they're telling me that Premiere currently doesn't support VFR footage and has not in the past. I have found staff replies to forums and adobe guides that contradict this statement.

So, I ask does any program in Adobe CC 2019 support VFR footage? If it does, how can I get it to detect my VFR footage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know on which planet support operates but

VFR was introduced in 2018 (12.0.1) and is still supported.

Call up the properties off the clip that will tell you.

Drop clip in timeline and select the master in the effect controls.

Going out of sync does not always mean the clip has vfr.

The best way to tell if the clip has VFR is to open it in Mediainfo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I pull up the properties on the clip it does NOT read "Variable Frame Rate Detected"

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jasonj,

Thanks for reaching out. Please check this article: New features summary for the January 2018 and October 2017 releases of Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

I hope this answers your query.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen these forums and articles, but Premiere is not detecting my clip as having a variable frame rate. But all the signs and troubleshooting tells me the clip has a variable frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Mediainfo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not simply because it's a company computer and I do not have the capability to download new software. The video plays smoothly through Windows Media Player, and has a non-standard frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks to me it does not have vfr.

but Premiere does not get it correct all the time.

What kind of avi is this?

You really need Mediainfo to get the correct information on that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JasonJ!

I'd transcode your footage to get rid of this issue: https://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Tutorial-How-to-Restore...

I'll look into this on our side and double check that everything with VFR is working as it should be.

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jasonj58724393

Hi Jason!

Would you be willing to share your footage and project file with us so we can investigate our VFR features?

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines