• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mask tools refuse to work! So frustrating!!!

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I can think of. The issue? When I click the "Free Draw Bezier" or "Polygon" or "Ellipse" tool in a mask, they don't do anything! I can't actually draw anything with them, because nothing happens when I click them - Just another mask is created below.

If I click the "Free Draq Bezier" for example, a new mask will be created, but when I put my cursor on the preview screen, nothing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryand79900918  wrote

If I click the "Free Draq Bezier" for example, a new mask will be created, but when I put my cursor on the preview screen, nothing!

The cursor does not change to a Pen Tool?

In the Effects Panel, is Mask (Correct #) still highlighted?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. The cursor does not change to a Pen Tool. And the Mask highlights when I click it, but as soon as I move the cursor it unhighlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, create a new test project and see if you have the same problem in the newly created project.

If so, you may want to trash your preferences, the usual first step when Premiere is acting in unexpected ways -  and see if that fixes it:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Resetting your preference will reset all preference back to default.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didnt help v frustrating!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines