• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With Adobe 2019, older files no longer open

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I was still working with some Adobe 2018 Premiere files, when 2019 suddenly installed on my computer. Usually, I have found the updates have allowed you to convert the old project to the newest Premiere version, and continue working.

However, it seems with this recent update, I can no longer open prproj files made before 2019 Premiere. I don't have an option to either convert, or even open the older files with Adobe Premiere 2018, which is still on my computer.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  I also wonder, perhaps these files were with 2017, but there should still be an option to convert/update these project files?

Thanks for the help,

C

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone to the Media Browser panel, navigated to the project file, selected it, and right-click "Import" ?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you don't have an option to open the older files, what do you mean exactly? Is there an error message? Does nothing happen when you double-click from Finder/Explorer? Do the files not show in the Open FIle dialog from within Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version are you using exactly: you can find that info in dropdown menu / About Adobe Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines