Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with JPEG and Video Combination

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I have tried to put together stills and videos for my grandson's birthday. But I have issue in that it does not play back smoothly in the program panel. I have tried rendering it but the issue still remains. I might be doing something wrong and could be missing out on something as well. for the record the specifications are as follows.

Both the stills and videos were captured on iPhone.

The stills had a resolution of 3264 x 2448 while the videos had 1920 x 1080. I did crop the stills to video's specs but the issue still remains. Please guide what I need to do and what is the issue with what I am doing.

Thank you

Joseph Roland

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Your sequence is set to a pixel dimension of 1632 x 1224, which matches neither of the source elements you listed. Is this what you want to do? It is a very non-standard size sequence, and the aspect ratio (almost square) does not match either of the source elements you listed.

Uncheck Composite in Linear Color.

Select all the clips on the timeline and once selected, go to Sequence > Render Selection. Is your playback improved?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click anywhere in the timeline to select it, then go to the menu Sequence > Sequence Settings and post a screen shot of the Sequence Settings you are using.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MtD,

I thank you for your quick response. Attached please find the screen shot of the sequence setting. Actually I have not done any setting and by default the settings come up.Sequence Setting.jpg

Kindly respond with the resolution and I will be very thankful to you.

Regards

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence is set to a pixel dimension of 1632 x 1224, which matches neither of the source elements you listed. Is this what you want to do? It is a very non-standard size sequence, and the aspect ratio (almost square) does not match either of the source elements you listed.

Uncheck Composite in Linear Color.

Select all the clips on the timeline and once selected, go to Sequence > Render Selection. Is your playback improved?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Meg,

I am sorry for the late response.

Well you were extremely helpful and I tweaked on the settings and it works perfectly fine. Actually I just started out on Premiere pro and I was into tutorials using sample files and I did not do any setting set up. When I thought that I was good enough to go I ventured out in putting some clips together and that is when I hit a roadblock.

I thank you very much for being so helpful. Well my name is Joseph and from India.

Here is my mail id and in case you want to send in any mail you are most welcome.

[personal info deleted, forum policy]

Regards

Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines