• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 Similar Projects, 1 Lags, 1 Doesn't?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a high spec PC, the usage of which in task manager never goes above 30%.

2 projects very similar. Both in 4k, with very little effects.

The more complicated one with more files and a longer running time of 35 mins, runs perfectly.

The shorter one with less files and a shorter running time of 20 mins, lags for 7-8 seconds randomly when selecting different parts of the timeline. Sometimes it even does it after simply pressing space to pause then continue. It is random though, it doesn't always do it. Regardless of where I am in the timeline.

Any idea why? Or what I can do to change it?

Also this lag follows the files to a new project too if copying and pasting. But again all the video files are the same as the other project which works fine?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend working with Cineform proxies.  The performance increase is usually significant.

Work offline using proxy media |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your specs? what is your storage configuration? where is everything stored?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Jim! There might be something in one project that's causing the lag and we could spend all day trying to pinpoint exactly what it is but in my experience the pain-free way to edit is by creating proxies upon import.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines