Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere spikes CPU at 100 % during playback of rendered files

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have the latest version of Premiere Pro installed, and I am experiencing the issue listed above.

My PC easily lives up to the requirements (cores, ram, ssd, gpu, system), and I have all the latest drivers installed.

Whenever I make a change to my clip, it wants me to render. If I try to play back or render, the CPU goes nuts and raises to 100 %.

It happens on files as short as 30 seconds.

It would seem there is an internal bug with Premiere - anyone experiencing the same or have come up with a solution?

Best regards,

Kasper

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kasperh18562960,

The rendering/export mechanism is quite CPU intensive and may result in higher CPU usage. The percentage value of the CPU usage would be dependent on multiple factors like the complexity of the timeline, the effects used and the media properties. Also, a similar project may result in a different level of CPU usage while rendering as the usage will be also dependent on the CPU itself (the number of cores available and the clock speed of these cores). You may also check if the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ). This will help in processing the GPU accelerated effects and features using the GPU available on your system, which depending on the GPU that you have may result in better performance and lower CPU usage. Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's very possible nothing is wrong at all, depending on your media and effects used.  PP will use whatever resources it needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines