• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashes When Dragging Clip To Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried so many things but to no avail, please help me I need this program for my studies, premiere used to work just fine for me.

Since a short while Premiere Pro crashes on me everytime I drag a clip to the timeline without fail, in my 2 years of using premiere it has never done this.

I can usually import the file just fine but as soon as the program has to load a preview of the file (like when dragging it onto the timeline) the entire program freezes up.

What I've noticed is that my GPU usage will jump to 100% as soon as this crash happens. I can however play high spec games like monster hunter world etc. just fine and the drivers of the GPU are up to date so I don't believe the problem lays with the GPU or its software.

I've tried changing to premiere 2018 and 2017 but both experience the same issue (although 2017 seemed to work for a little bit before crashing as well).

I've also tried changing around certain settings like mercury playback, updating all kinds of drivers, resetting preferences, deleting my media cache, reinstalling the entire adobe package and creative cloud making sure I deleted every single trace of adobe that was left after uninstalling and more.

I think the problem lays in the playback/previews of the clip. I'm at a total loss however and hope someone can help me out with this issue.

Laptop Specs:

Geforce GTX 970M

Intel Core I7-6700HQ 2.60GHz

16GB Ram

4K 60Hz screen < (4K might have something to do with it, I don't know)

Windows 10 version 1803

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Windows has released one Intel Update today which fixes many issues.

Also try the below link to update Windows 10 as these Drivers are mainly for Win 10 1809 release.

Download Windows 10

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/02/26/intel-dch-drivers-version-25-20-100-6577-released-for-windows-10/amp/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marijn,

I think there might be some Windows updates that are pending on your machine. Please check the below link and try to install them.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/311047/how-to-keep-your-windows-computer-up-to-date

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinay,

Thanks for your help so far, however I don't believe the problem lies in windows updates. I've tried updating windows and it just says it is up to date. I also tried some of the many troubleshooters that could be related to this problem but this also didn't give any results. I followed some of the steps in the link you send me, but it just leads me to a dead end.

However I've managed to narrow down the problem somewhat and even kind of solve it:

Problem: Premiere crashes whenever I create a sequence or a sequence exists in a save file.

Non-practical solution: When I disable my Intel HD Graphics in the device manager the program works as normal. But this isn't really a solution as disabling this makes all my other programs including my webbrowser, file explorer etc. go wonky.

Maybe Premiere is using the wrong display adapter but I haven't got a clue how I'd go about changing this.

So there's still a problem but I feel like I'm getting closer to solving it, could definitely use some help and suggestions however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows has released one Intel Update today which fixes many issues.

Also try the below link to update Windows 10 as these Drivers are mainly for Win 10 1809 release.

Download Windows 10

https://www.windowslatest.com/2019/02/26/intel-dch-drivers-version-25-20-100-6577-released-for-windo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinay,

I tried the Intel Driver and Support Assistent in the latter link you send me and low and behold it found an update for my CPU drivers! Turns out my CPU drivers hadn't been updated since late 2017 O.O Surprised my pc held out this long.

Pretty strange though since windows didn't detect any updates and doing a search via my device manager told me the latest drivers were installed... Will be checking this manually from now on using the assistent...

Anyway Premiere seems to be working fine now since I updated the CPU drivers.

Thank you very very much, you really saved my ass and now I can finally get back to my project for my study.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news!

Thanks for the update and let us know if any other help is required.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem adobe crashed whenever I try and play or import a large clog file from canon eos R, do you think this is a similer option i just re installed premier cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be.

Can you please post your system information.

Here are the steps to collect one.

1. Go to Start Menu and search for System Information.
  2. Once launched go to File menu>Save as
  3. This will save it as a .NFO file, please attach it in the Email and send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i attach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a windows update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no luck i have emailed you the update file, most off the files work but anything over 3 min in length just freeze the system in the open file dialog box2019-02-27 16.52.38.jpg2019-02-27 16.52.26.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got your issue. The files are on Dropbox and hence Premiere Pro is unable to access it quickly enough.

Move the files locally and check if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i have moved all files out of dropbox dose that includes the main file I normally like it to be there so it's backed up on the cloud always, its seems it just one file now that causes it to hang but Adobe does hang in general, do you think this is because of Dropbox or is it word removing clude and starting form scratch my computer has done a lot of updating 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you removed that file from Dropbox or there is a copy of it?

Also, go to Creative Cloud application>Preferences and uncheck the "Creative Cloud Sync"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that file was not in dropbox its just in the c:\ i also already unchecked cloud sync is there suppose to be alwasy 3 CEP html eng open ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also my memory max out alot causing both media encode and primer to not respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using these plugins any how or are they installed?

Transcriptive - Digital Anarchy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i am not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send me a project file using DropBox (No media is required)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3uab8rfhtlrdfd5/Kasey%20chambers%203rd%20and%20lindsly%20.prproj?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe i am doign somthign wrong with my settings i belive i have a very powerfull laptop it shodul not be not responding as much as it dose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Billy,

Checked your project and can't find any issues but one.

The files are stored here: C:\100EOS_R\KEEPER\

Can you try and move the file to some other location other than C as they might increase the load time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, new windows install, new graphics card,cpu ect. & latest version of the software. Has there been any solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines