• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing projects from 2017 into Premire 2019 and switch to ipp2 gives blackvideo

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit all projects in premiere 2017 (its has the smoothest playback) and when i want to import them into premeire 2019 and switch the leagacy to ipp2 the footage goes black. How do you fix this? We have waited so long to have ipp2 working in premiere.... It works when starting a new project. I also tried to import a 2017 timline in a new adobe premiere 2019 project, but no sucess.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only idea I have is to try moving between versions with an XML or an EDL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its worth a try but Im not sure how good it would keep the project. Pretty good I guess since its created in premiere thoe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to migrate projects forward is create a new project in the new version. In Media Browser navigate to the old project file and import the assets of the original project.

More stable and seems to get meta more properly set. Not a panacea though.

There gave been significant improvements in color systems in Pr since 2017 and unfortunately not all old settings come through in usable fashion.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to migrate projects forward is create a new project in the new version. In Media Browser navigate to the old project file and import the assets of the original project.

This is the second thing I tried after it went black the first time...

But I did import the older project using the project window in "premiere 2019" and not the media browser. I will try that and se if it make a difference. For som imports it does make a difference, importing r3d for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These things can drive you batty ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines