Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline panel lagging, when everything else is okayyyyy

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

My premiere pro has this weird thing where everyhing is fine except for the timeline panel

The video plays back at full res with no stutter and the timeline panel is very laggy. It shows every movement from top to bottom

Kind of like when you have rolling shutter on a camera, or when you try to open an image with a 56k modem.

Please check the video to see the problem:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 C Users Edit Station Desktop 2019 02 07 Podcast 3 Premiere Pro TEST SP - ...

I already have:

Cleared cache

deleted cache folders

reset preferences

all of my NVIDIA and Win drivers are updated

I'm using CUDA rendering but opencl and software only work even less

It is on a dell optiplex

i7-8700

gtx 1050

16gb ram

400gb available space on the ssd

ANY FIXES? the support has been helpful but all the procedures they asked me to do havent resolved anything

Thank you very much to everyone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you have timeline scrolling set to something other than "No Scroll" (look under Preferences\Timeline). Yours somewhat looks like slow / laggy 'smooth scroll'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply

No it is actually set to no scroll, the whole timeline panel is laggy, but the rest is okay. That is the problem.

On the video I actually scrolled left and right to show the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

matthiasm,

Sorry for the performance issues. You don't want to playback in FULL quality unless you have a pretty powerful computer. Try 1/2 or so. Please also place media on a separate HD other than your OS HD. Not knowing much about your source media or sequence settings, you may also want to try using proxies.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines