• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture analog video to PP CC2019

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my entire film ( and photo ) editing hardware except for one item, namely a JVC DV- and VHS recorder/player (SR-VS30E). Just as in my earlier system it's connected to my computer through a fire-wire input. When I try to capture DV-tape material to Premiere Pro I can (at least partially )  handle the recorder through the program and I get audio in but no picture. My setup is AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-core processor running at 3.70 GHz with 32 GB RAM. Graphic card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.

Grateful for some help!

Peter Evers

PE-film

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Possibly try doing a test capture. If I remember correctly sometimes when I was capturing video I would not see it on the computer screen when capturing but the video was there when I played the file after capture. I used the screen on the playback device to cue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use PPro to capture/digitize from my VHS player

Legacy driver http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/Firewire-1.htm

-ALL versions of Windows from 7 through 10 need legacy driver!

I have NOT used either, but many say to try these for SD capture http://windv.mourek.cz/ or http://www.exsate.com/products/dvcapture/

I HAVE used http://www.scenalyzer.com/ and it works well, but breaks capture into 4Gig chunks

-which has not been a problem for me, since joining the 4Gig files on the timeline works well

-I have NOT used the scene detect function in scenalyzer, so don't know how well it works

I have NOT used it, but many say to try this for HDV capture

-archived at http://www.videohelp.com/tools/HDVSplit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a bug in 2019 regarding capturing dv.

Best is to use 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your reply!

That's an interesting info! Now, since I 2019 version it doesn't help me a lot. Wonders though; will Adobe come up with a fix for this bug?

Check my answer to Rob Shultz!

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WinDV and HDVSplit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peru,

Thanks for your answer. Please see my answer to Rob!

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly try doing a test capture. If I remember correctly sometimes when I was capturing video I would not see it on the computer screen when capturing but the video was there when I played the file after capture. I used the screen on the playback device to cue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>used the screen on the playback device to cue

That's great if you are using a camera

I bought a no longer sold Grass Valley ADVC 110 external digital converter to use with some REALLY old VHS from a REALLY old (and no longer working) VHS camcorder, so seeing the video on a camera was not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Please see my answer to Rob. I use computers to work with but I am far from any computer technician and I always feel a bit uneasy when it comes to downloading drivers. So as long as my problem is, at least partially, solved I'll just sit tight and wait for Adobe to fix that bug Ann mentioned.

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply! You are absolutely right! I have a small TV-screen connected to my JVS-player where I can see whats going on on my DV-tape and recording through PP does give me a captured clip that turns up in the program the moment I finish recording. So waiting for Adobe to fix the bug Ann mentioned I can handle it this way.

My recorder can also play S-VHS and although it is sent out through the same fire-wire I can't capture those clips. If this has anything to do with the legacy driver John mentions above I don't know. I could get around it by copying the S-VHS to DV-tape (which is done within the recorder) which is somewhat cumbersome but manageable.

Regards

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines