Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAN'T HIGHLIGHT TEXT OR ADJUST SIZE PREMIERE CC19 PROBLEM

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After I did the 2019 update whenever I write a text the red box around to make adjusments it disappears away,

Also now I can't highlight anything from that text to change color or size of it. I highlights yet can't see what I am highlighting.

Adobe Customer Service on phone did many things related to CPU and re installing the nvidia driver yet couldn't solve the problem.

I did uninstall 2019 and reinstall 12.1 but that one was crashing on me all the time.

Does anyone has a solution to this?

My computer is Gigabyte Aero 15x

16 GB DDR-2666

i7-8750H 334.PNG

Nvidia Geforce GTX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

I actually just found a new solution that works for me,

The resolution change %150/125  did not help yet going to settings button on your program monitor (small wrench icon, right side of your screen) and enabling SHOW RULERS and SHOW GUIDES  did turn on my guides when writing a text. Hope it helps someone, this change was made after v13.01 update!

Best

Ege

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi egebabaoglu,

Sorry about this. I understand that you are not able to edit the text using the Type tool.

This is not a common issue with the latest version. Please try the steps mentioned below:

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should expand your video vertically  in the timeline so you can see what you are doing.

As of now V1 and V2 are srcolled down and 'hidden'. Use the scroll bar on the right side of the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get a fix for this as I am getting the same issue. It is possible to work without the highlight and adjustment box but it is a total pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Glad to see it’s a known issue.  On Mac here, lastest version and cannot see selected text.  A few days ago when I first noticed, after I created a few new text boxes, the problem seemed to go away in it’s own.  But now as I edit, I’m having to guess what I have selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I was facing the same issue. Resetting my preferences didnt seem to work. Only after clicking different panels did the box and highlighter finally reappear. Currently they only show up in the Color and Effects panels, nothing else! This has to be some weird bug... right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of course, go to the Menu system  ... Workspaces/Reset to saved layout, see if that helps.

And a question  ... do you have any monitor scaling involved? Pr can get wonky like this especially if say monitor scaling is at 125%.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...that was the issue for me...resizing windows display resolution from `125% back to 100% fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pr and Ae both seem to dislike 125% scaling. They often will work at 150% though not always. But 125% just seems a no-go place.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see any issue with 150% which is recommended on my 4K screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think there is confusion about "monitor scaling."

In the Windows Display settings, there is "Scale and layout" and "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: with "150% (Recommended)." I always have this set to 150% (on 3 different monitor sizes). I have seen no problems with this setting.

But also in that section, and before "Resolution", is a link to "Advanced scaling settings." That takes you to a page with "Custom scaling" and "Enter a custom scaling size between 100% - 500% (not recommended)." This is the area where problems occur, particularly when set to 125%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same issue as the original poster that resetting preferences didn't resolve. It wasn't until I changed the scale and layout (Windows) from 125% to 100% that I could finally see the red bounding box around the text. This is also what R Neil Haugen recommended yesterday.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks did the trick, wish they fix this soon as i  have trouble working at 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious. Go back to 125% and turn rulers on. (Post 15.) Does that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that works too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That amazes me! Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Why are there so many problems with this crappy software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same exact problem but "fixed" it. Try expanding your preview/monitor window to a larger size i.e. detach it from the main UI and place it on your second monitor. It worked for me and is repeatable. Needless to say this shouldn't happen but then again it's Adobe.

It's frustrating believe me I know. In a 2hr multi cam project I'm just finishing up I crashed 7 times in a row just performing the simplest of tasks such as switching from one mode to another yesterday.

Hope that helps someone who's pulling their hair out too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the panel size is a further way of demonstrating the problem with 125% scaling. I believe that is what is probably affecting you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just found a new solution that works for me,

The resolution change %150/125  did not help yet going to settings button on your program monitor (small wrench icon, right side of your screen) and enabling SHOW RULERS and SHOW GUIDES  did turn on my guides when writing a text. Hope it helps someone, this change was made after v13.01 update!

Best

Ege

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Good that helps! I am also now on 13.1.

If I set Windows advanced scaling to 125%, then I see the problem of bounding boxes not appearing. I can temporarily overcome this by slightly changing the size of the Program panel, or, as you describe, setting "Show Rulers" on. I do not see an effect to "Show Guides."

With Windows advanced scaling set back to 100%, there is no loss of bounding boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

222222.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry; I see the option to select "Show Guides." I was saying that it does not appear to have any effect on the bounding boxes. "Show Rulers" does, but not Show Guides. Do you see an effect from Show Guides if Show Rulers is not selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so happy I found this thread and that I'm not the only one pulling my hair out over this! All my settings appeared to be right. The trick of scaling from 125% to 100% (on windows) did the trick for me. Gooooood ole' Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround that seems to work. Open a new project, and instantiate the text tool via the essential graphic pallette. This should give you back editing capabilities including the bounding box for the text object. Then open the project you were working on in the same session, and copy/paste the text object over to the project you were having problems with. Close the "new" project and save the old project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines