Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 u18 issue

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

While still hoping for a fix from u15, we have applied u18 to one of our servers in production and are now getting the following:

"Diagnostics: The ValueList() function has an invalid parameter: getarchiveyears.articleYears. Parameter 1 of function ValueList which is now getarchiveyears.articleYears must be pointing to a valid query name.

The error occurred on line 323."

Earlier in this document, we have:

<cfquery name="getarchiveyears" datasource="#application.newsdsn#" cachedwithin="#CreateTimeSpan(0,0,10,0)#">
    SELECT
        DISTINCT TO_CHAR(TitleDATE,'YYYY') articleYears
    FROM
        news_2016
    WHERE
        TO_CHAR(TitleDATE,'YYYY') > '2009'
    ORDER BY
        articleYears DESC
</cfquery>

So, there's a valid query, named (oddly enough) getarchiveyears.

The line triggering the error is:

<cfset newsyears = ValueList(getarchiveyears.articleYears,',') />

So, why is it now suddenly not seeing the valid query named getarchiveyears???  Again, if I remove the cache attribute, then it errs once in a few tries.  But keeping the cache attribute, it errs EVERY TIME!  wtf???

And as with the u15, if we roll it back it's never an issue.  PLEASE FIX THIS!  We have top brass breathing down our necks because we are three updates behind.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you cfdumped the query name before the line that gives an error? If that also causes an error, cfdump the variables scope.

It would be very interesting to see the state of the variables scope before the line that causes the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Eddie,

I'll give that a shot.  I just added two CFDUMPs to the file and emailed our SA.  Once he's got that in place, I'll test it and report back.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.. we tested it, and the page will display a generic error message when an error happens, so I don't get to see the CFDUMP of the query or the variables scope.  I'll add the variables scope to the error email and try that.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I wound up doing is adding CFDUMP to the email that is generated upon errors.  I'm dumping VARIABLES, CGI, and APPLICATION.

VARIABLES has two items, CFERROR and ERROR, and they both repeat what is already being reported:  ListValue must be pointing to a valid query.  Nothing else.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  CF error log entry..

[Tue Mar 05 15:21:55.807937 2019] [:error] [pid REDACTED:tid REDACTED] [client REDACTED] ModSecurity: Rule 1e6b250 [id "-"][file "REDACTED"][line "xx"] - Execution error - PCRE limits exceeded (-8): (null). [hostname "REDACTED.mil"] [uri "/news_2016/display_news.cfm"] [unique_id "XH7oc2lwiJZlwO5l2PhSvQAAADM"]

If that is any help.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wasn't clear. I would be interested in seeing the contents of the variables scope before the line that causes the error. In other words, put it after the cfquery tag, but before the cfset tag.

You may need to use the "output" parameter of cfdump to write it to a file, in case the generated content is not visible to you in your error information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie,

Part of the STIG requirements is to set an error template for display, as opposed to using onError() in application.cfc, so I don't get any output to the screen, just what the error message is in the email that is sent on an error.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our SA won't be here for another half hour (he's the one who can sync to production), but when he gets here I'll have him re-sync an updated file that uses CFMAIL and CFDUMP to send me the variables scope and the query.

There may be too much to redact for me to post an image of it, but I should be able to post the pertinent stuff.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this is actually a CF error? It mentions ModSecurity, which fiddles with incoming requests before CF gets them.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked my SA to look in CF logs, he didn't.  Looked in web server logs and gave me that.  SMH.

But the error is clearly happening in CF, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing "variable undefined".  I've been in touch with a few staff at Adobe, and they assure me that they are working on it.  Apparently, this is affecting way more than just me.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  wrote

UPDATE:  CF error log entry..

[Tue Mar 05 15:21:55.807937 2019] [:error] [pid REDACTED:tid REDACTED] [client REDACTED] ModSecurity: Rule 1e6b250 [id "-"][file "REDACTED"][line "xx"] - Execution error - PCRE limits exceeded (-8): (null). [hostname "REDACTED.mil"] [uri "/news_2016/display_news.cfm"] [unique_id "XH7oc2lwiJZlwO5l2PhSvQAAADM"]

I would second the remark by https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave%20Watts .

Let's, for a moment, put to one side the fact that there might be an issue with cfquery+cachedWithin.

This error message is saying something else. There is, in any case, another error we have to address, namely: "PCRE limits exceeded". Could there be a connection between queries in Oracle and PCRE? Is it perhaps an idea to increase your "PCRE limits"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the weekend, I received an email from Vamseekrishna Nanneboina indicating that they discovered an issue with queries using the 'cachedWithin' attribute in a sandboxed environment (which describes our issue), and they are working on a fix for it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WolfShade​, thank you for sharing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Hopefully, u19 will have that fix and be released, soon.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, does this help as a workaround:

<cfscript>  

SQLString="

SELECT 

DISTINCT TO_CHAR(TitleDATE,'YYYY') articleYears 

FROM 

news_2016 

WHERE 

TO_CHAR(TitleDATE,'YYYY') > :nYear 

ORDER BY 

articleYears DESC"; 

sqlParam={nYear={value='2009',cfsqltype="cf_sql_char"}};

getarchiveyears=queryExecute(SQLString,sqlParam,{datasource=application.newsdsn, cachedwithin=createTimeSpan(0,0,10,0)});

</cfscript>

Is it an idea to convert in the where-clause from char to int and to use instead

sqlParam={nYear={value=2009,cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer"}};

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, but since Adobe has responded that there is an apparent issue with cachedwithin in a sandbox environment, I'm just going to wait for them to fix it.  I could try your suggestion, which would probably work, but would mean converting all queries that use cachedwithin to CFSCRIPT, which I am unwilling to do.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. I had offered just in case you were faced with an emergency and had to have this query running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much appreciated, BKBK.  For now, I have just removed the cachedwithin attribute from the query.  Once this has been fixed, I'll put it back.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation