• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Doesn't seem to be able to search the Project Panel_28

Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not the case with my project. I have the same issue with new projects as with old projects updated to the current version. It's outrageous to not be able to search a Premiere project with hundreds of clips. Please fix instead of dismissing this issue as "a dumping ground for everyone". This problem is real, frustrating, and serious.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orf,

We need more info please. Make sure you are ingesting and CF based media via Media Browser and try again. If it is not working, please file a bug here: Premiere Pro: Hot (4336 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not using CF based media. It is a very real and serious issue. Please address.

And please remove the "completed" marker because it's not fixed. There are several recent comments of people reporting the same problem. Search box occasionally unusable – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Orf,

Hi, sorry for your frustration. We will try and help. Thank you for the info you have already provided.

I am not using CF based media.

Great. Thanks for the info. What's the media type then? Which camera was used? Are these QuickTime wrapped files, MXF? What is the codec? More info helps. You can also share your project file with us and I can send it to the developer team.

It is a very real and serious issue. Please address.

I do realize that and I am so sorry for the frustration. I wish I could do more!

Unfortunately, Adobe employees assisting in these forums are in Support (we don't write code, in other words) and can only triage and troubleshoot existing issues. For bugs or unexpected behavior with a feature, you have to file one here or upvote an existing one here: Search box occasionally unusable – Adobe video & audio apps if you have not already done so.

Sorry to make you go through the extra step of filing a bug. Upvoting is one click, though. I think you have seen the user voice site as you have referred to it regarding the fix being completed. You may have already done one or both of these things. If so, thank you for that.

And please remove the "completed" marker because it's not fixed.

How frustrating, yes, I agree. Many are still suffering with this malady. Unfortunately, we in the forums have no control over the User Voice site and have no power to change that status. I will send along your feedback to Patrick, however. I hope that will suffice.

There are several recent comments of people reporting the same problem.

It's very odd that this occurs on some projects and not on others. For example, my complex projects are totally searchable on my home machine. The goal here is to find out why your project file (and others') is unique and non-performant for search. I'm still working on that. Hope to find a solution or workaround.

I do think that many of these issues with search may be due to more than one reason, hence, why I think it is better to break out these posts into individual cases that can be addressed uniquely. Posts that turn into a "dumping ground" are very difficult to untangle and drill down into. Thank you for understanding that your standalone post will get better traction.

It does appear that rolling back to the original project file format has helped a number of these cases. That may be something you can try in the interim.

Once again, I apologize for this unfortunate issue.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines