• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghosting or Fields Error on Pro Res Export

Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to export using Apple Pro res HQ or LT and am currently seeing ghosting/field issues on the export.

I've turned Max depth and Render off and tried it but same problem. I've made sure all settings are the same on the sequence and the export.

I've even changed it from CUDA to software only encoding and its still there.

I've watched the exports through VLC and Quicktime and I'm seeing the issue.

If I re-import the exported files into premiere, they look great, no issue.

Any thoughts?

Specs:

Intel(R) Core i7 - 7700K, 4.20 Ghz, 4 cores

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

I see the interlaced lines. I see the incorrect settings. Try deleting preview files and then take another look.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ghosting and or field issues can be caused by problems with video drivers, improperly interpreted footage and many other issues across both hardware and software. A few questions for you:

• Is all your footage from one source (camera) or are you mixing footage?
  • What is the original camera format(s)?
  • Does your sequence look good before the export?
  • Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the issue you are talking about?
  • Also, would it be possible to take a snapshot of your export settings?

Camera Footage Issue: Whether you are working in an SD project or an HD one, and are using footage from a ripped DVD, or footage from cameras like Sony/JVC HDV, P2, Varicam, HDV100, etc--you can be running into field issues. Field issues can happen while you are editing or just appear on export if the footage hasn't been processed correctly. Before editing, you can RIGHT-CLICK on your camera media in the PROJECT WINDOW and go to MODIFY > INTERPRET FOOTAGE. Click on CONFORM TO and then choose your FIELD ORDER. For typical SD (Standard Def) footage you would choose LOWER FIELD FIRST under FIELD ORDER. High Definition interlaced footage like 1080i generally uses UPPER FIELD FIRST. For everything else, like graphics and progressive HD, UHD and DCI footage--you would choose NO FIELDS or PROGRESSIVE.

If you aren't using any type of interlaced footage, it's possible there are some weird settings or encoding issues causing this. Corrupted display or codec drivers, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So

• Is all your footage from one source (camera) or are you mixing footage?  Same camera footage. Its all shot on Canon 5D Mark 4 and 3. Same settings on all of them.
  • What is the original camera format(s)? I believe it as 50fps 1920 x 1080 ALL-I on the cameras. Or it was 25fps...
  • Does your sequence look good before the export? Yes
  • Would it be possible to take a screenshot of the issue you are talking about? See Below
  • Also, would it be possible to take a snapshot of your export settings? See Below

Issue:

Sequence Settings:

Export Settings:

It also has the 8 -bc checked, but i couldnt get it in the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot export settings with left tab open to output with visible image and

screenshot clip properties taken with MediaInfo windows / MediaInfo Mac in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I'm pretty sure the issue is that the clips causing the ghosting are sped up.

My only though in regards to that though, is that this doesnt usually happen. I speed clips up all the time, and never see this ghosting effect.

Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MathewT,

Your sequence settings are set up for interlaced video. You have progressive source media. Match your clips settings to the sequence settings by dragging a representative clip to the New Item icon. You can also switch sequence settings to a progressive frame rate.

Please try one of those things. Let us know if you need help.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the settings but the issue continued.

As I said in a previous post, I think the issue was basically the sped up footage.

I changed all settings to optical flow, and it appears to have lessened/solved the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the interlaced lines. I see the incorrect settings. Try deleting preview files and then take another look.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image result for facepalm

That's me right now.

I deleted the render files, and BAM! Success!

Thanks so much for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES!!! Nice work, sir.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck max depth, max render and composite in linear color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you set the VLC player to de-interlaced because you are watching it on a computer screen which is progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines