• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crash - When choosing a directory for exporting/importing

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, everyone knows that Premiere pro has it bugs but this recent occurrence has been driving me insane.

Adobe Premiere crashes 3/5 times if I do 1 of 2 things.

1. Import footage by clicking in the grey are of a bin, premiere will spin out and windows will ask me 'do I want to quit or wait'.

If I wait around 20 min it comes back. It will not crash or glitch out when I drag footage from explorer into my premiere bin.

2. Choosing a directory in the export menu. Selecting a new destination for an export is a guaranteed freeze.

So to me it looks like whenever Explorer interacts through premiere it crashes the program.

Machine Specs :

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32,0 GB

Drives 1TB SSD x2 for Projects and 256GB M.2 for Running applications and OS.

GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Any hints or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mattb93,

We’re so sorry to hear about the crash issue. It can happen if there is any permissions/access related issue.

Are you logged into the machine as an Administrator? If so, fix the permissions using the steps in this article and test: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Also, run the program as an Administrator using the steps in this article: Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

Please let us know the status after testing.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can recommend Step 2C below for the first problem.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

The second is more difficult.  I had a similar issue once.  The only way I solved it was with a clean install of Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue. When a adobe tech connected to my pc and updated the smallest of things, the bug didn't happen for a few weeks. For what I have experienced, it semes that the explorer window opens underneath premiere pro. You can't click it or moove it and you can't do anything in premiere pro because of the "open window" that is under premiere pro. So far, no solution other than saving the progress before exporting and restarting the program if it freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines