• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downgrading From CC19 to CC18 (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I stupidly upgraded my project file from CC18 to CC19. Well, CC19 is incredibly difficult to edit in with how much it lags and skips, so I decided to downgrade. Now I can't open my file in CC18.

I tried to wordpad hack, but it's not Mac friendly and I haven't found the Mac equivalent.
Every time I try to export my project as .xml Premiere freezes and ultimately crashes.

So how can I downgrade my project? It's amazing this capability isn't already implemented in such an expensive product. I've already lost an hour trying to revert this project back with no end in sight, and I'm sure that hour is going to soon turn to days. (and if it does, would you recommend Final Cut as an alternative? Because Adobe is ridiculous)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the files in the subfolder "Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save" that is in the folder of your project. Surely you have many with the CC18 version. Maybe you do not recover your file until the final edition but at least you will recover much of your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines