Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default for "Who needs to fill and sign first?"

May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a new update to the reader now has a new window when clicking the "fill and sign".

As shown on this help page (which was last updated May 14), when clicking the fill- and sign button, the reader will prompt you "Who needs to fill and sign first?" with two option to choose from "Me" and "Others" (see photo below)

As the majority of the forms I "fill and sign" requires only the "me" option, I want to set it as the default option and, when/if I need to change it, I should be able to select it...

Any help on this?

fill-n-sign-home.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

I've been getting reports that a signature shortcut button is now available on the toolbar when opening a PDF. This allows you to sign the document with one click which is actually better than it used to be before the nag screen was implemented.

I've been using this and it has effectively solved the problem reported by the OP; now I have one less click per document instead of one more. I'll take it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I never use the send features within acrobat, it is sent to others with a different system.  It claims to make it a more unified experience, however it is just an additional click each time.  Can we disable this screen and just move directly to the fill and sign - like it was before the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It's the one place for all your form filling and signature needs. For detailed information, you may refer to the article What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

This is designed behavior, I will check with the team and will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But a person that never uses one or the other feature, should not have to go through this "new" windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an idiotic, unecessary change.

I use the fill and sign myself for hundreds of documents at a time. Now I have to choose "me" every single time.

Why wouldn't there be an option for a default to save people the time of not having to choose? Particularly for people who aren't going to use both and weren't given a choice in this consolidation. Lots of people, like myself, will never use the "send for signature" functionality, but we are being seriously burdened by its inclusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This equates to 1 additional, unnecessary step for every PDF we open. For my business this, means hundreds of extra clicks every day.

It was already frustrating enough that we couldn't have our PDFs automatically open in Fill and Sign by default; this now doubles the time per PDF.

I'm greatly looking forward to this being resolved ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I understand you want to sell people on your cloud services but this nag screen is driving us to speak of Adobe in vain!  Now please fix it, %#&@!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnandSri  wrote

This is designed behavior, I will check with the team and will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Hi, please let us know when "soon" will be, as we are waiting for you to "share an update soon"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most rediculous thing I've seen Adobe do yet. An extra step that's uncecessary and combersome. Why not leave it the way it was? Please add a way to create a default for "me first". Clicking me first each time I use fill and sign is annoying to say the least!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely needs to be fixed. Make it a setting or option or something. I have to use digital signatures dozens of times a week and it's irritating me. I can't imagine the irritation it's causing the people above who have to do it hundreds of times per day.

On top of that, though, I want to be able to click "Fill & Sign" and have it automatically default to pasting my written signature. As it stands, I have to click Fill & Sign > Me > Sign > select my signature > paste it. This used to be one, maybe two clicks before the update, now it's four and they aren't even relatively close to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's horrible "designed behavior" and the responses here demonstrate why. When you have a *ton* of documents to sign, having to go through this utterly stupid nag screen adds considerable wasted time to the task. I can maybe understand showing it once, but not having any option to turn it off (or better yet, just add the sign tool to the toolbar and bypass the screen altogether) is idiotic. Did Adobe even test this with people who actually use the Sign feature?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an experienced UX designer, I do not follow your logic.

I understand the consolidation of "fill and sign" and "Adobe Sign" because the organization of them in that way made no sense regarding UI information hierarchy or the user experience.  Props to that improvement.

By what logic is a "simplified experience" adding extra steps to a process?  Having one place for similar features (such as "fill and sign" and "Adobe Sign") is simplified, the forced choice is not.  It is important for developers (especially designers) to intellectually distinguish the difference!

The "wizard" type experience that forces users to choose one option at a time should rarely be forced except when you know there is something a user should pay attention to in a critical system (this is not the case).

As previously mentioned, adding options to the toolbar (as good design has proved effective in the past) would provide the user with clear options.

As an experienced UX designer and product developer I understand such things to be UX 101 type stuff.  Forcing this type of thing on users is becoming more and more commonplace yet as unacceptable as ever.  This seems like more of a half-effort poorly planned patch to combine two functions.  Please fix the development process and this BUG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ye, I agree.  This does not work for my workflow at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, what a nuisance.  I understand wanting to expose new features through discovery, but FFS, please make this configurable so I don't have to add yet another unnecessary click to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to a resolution as well.  I have never used the "send for signature" function, and I never intend to use it.  Please stop adding steps to my workflow every time there's an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made an account solely to add my view on this, in the hope that the staff will see this. My work involves me signing 70-100 pdfs with the fill and sign function in a day. This extra click is absolutely infuriating when the goal is to just get through the forms quickly.

Not to mention that if a person is opening a pdf and hitting 'fill and sign,' it's a pretty easy conclusion to draw that maybe, just /maybe/ they want to fill and sign it personally? You can't just decide the preferential function on the users behalf... That's not what we want.

I'd love some form of resolution to this. It's causing a very real, very frustrating headache.

Please add some way of selecting a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so agree. Hope they get a fix very soon. I have the same issues at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just made an account to comment on this. Filling hundreds of PDFs in a week is made unbearable by this new "feature." Please create the option in settings to default to one or the other.

It's been a month since anyone at Adobe gave an update on this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please leave well enough alone! I would even pay for a simplified version of Acrobat DC that I can select only the features I need.

That's just my take!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, we need an update to fix the settings for this. There should be some view setting to turn off asking "who needs to fill and sign first?". My small business bought Adobe Acrobat Pro DC subscription for each employee so they could easily open and sign documents with a couple clicks  - in fact we were just about to upgrade to a business account with more features and apps - but really we can't be doing an extra click for hundreds of pdfs opened and signed a day across the company.

We are now looking at easier to use PDF editors with signing capabilities, however I am very hopeful Adobe will fix this issue. What was wrong with the send for signature AND fill and sign (one is obviously for me to fill out forms and the other is to send forms) - they are completely separate services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder in how many cases people want others to sign first before they sign themselves.

For this small minority Adobe decides to facilitate life at the expense of a vast majority who is not happy with this feature.

Please remove this annoying obtrusive unnecessary window at the earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting reports that a signature shortcut button is now available on the toolbar when opening a PDF. This allows you to sign the document with one click which is actually better than it used to be before the nag screen was implemented.

I've been using this and it has effectively solved the problem reported by the OP; now I have one less click per document instead of one more. I'll take it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you benb42301545​ for the workaround!  It has been the most useful answer on this thread yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is the answer (for now). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remove extra step or have settings updated so we can default to "ME" only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines