• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethering Improved But

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my Canon 6D (CR2) the tethering is now great, but i still cant tether my new Canon R CR3 Files.

Looking forward to this with every update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Hi TerenceH,

Our engineering team is working on the raw file support of Canon EOS R. Please stay tuned, you may refer this list of supported cameras: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6 ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TerenceH,

Our engineering team is working on the raw file support of Canon EOS R. Please stay tuned, you may refer this list of supported cameras: A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom 6 ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash i look forward to it.

Regards

Terence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have just downloaded Lightroom Classic CC 8.2.1 I see that the Canon Eos R still does not have tethering support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The Canon EOS R is now supported in Lightroom Classic 8.3.

Please update to the latest version of Lightroom Classic and let us know if you are able to tether the device. See A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic and Lightroom 6

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash hello.

Contrary to what you stated above, version 8.3.1 of Lightroom Classic STILL DOES NOT YET support tethering with a Canon EOS R camera.

Quite frankly, this is taking for too long for Adobe to resolve and update the software.

Furthermore, it is very misleading to list this camera in the published table of supported cameras.

Please act accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you viewed the "Trouble-Shooting" link-

Fix tethered shooting in Lightroom

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your feedback, and pointing me in the direction of Adobe's response to this ongoing issue.

I have done the following:

1. Make sure that you're using the most recent version of Lightroom. = CHECKED, OK
  2. Make sure that your camera is supported. = CHECKED, OK
  3. Turn the camera off and on. = DONE, OK
  4. Turn off the camera and the computer. = DONE, OK
  5. Put an empty memory card in the camera, especially if you're using a Nikon camera. = Not applicable to my Canon Camera
  6. Try a different USB cable and USB port. = Didn’t need to do this, as my cable is ok.
  7. Check your hard disk. = CHECKED, OK
  8. Reset Lightroom preferences. = This is where I had to apply the recommended change
  • Navigate to one of the following locations, depending on your operating system: macOS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/
  • Delete following file, depending on your version of Lightroom that you're using: Mac: com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist

9. Make sure that your camera's firmware is up to date. = DONE, OK

10. Close applications that could be causing a conflict. = DONE, OK

11. Make sure that your camera manufacturer's capture or editing software isn't open. It could be trying to control your camera. After closing, retry tethered shooting in Lightroom. = DONE, OK

12. Check that the transfer mode in the camera is set appropriately. = DONE, OK

13. Check your camera's documentation for more information. = DONE, OK

After completing step 8. above, I tether my Canon EOS R to my MacBook Pro, and it worked.

However, after a couple of shots, it stopped working again, and my camera froze, displaying an Err 70 code. I followed the instruction on the camera to reset.

There may be something that is not quite right in the file com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist.

Every time it doesn't work, I go to Finder, and delete this plist file.

After that, i restart my computer, and launch Lightroom. It works, but after two shots, it stops working again.

Is it possible that LR is looking for the Preferences to be default settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are closer to working with tether, but still an error. What an annoyance!

This link suggests that Error 70 is a circuit board problem in the camera- maybe not your model- but it suggests the fault may lie with the camera.

Service Advisory: Canon EOS 70D For Error 70 & Error 80 | Canon Rumors

The problem is above my level of expertise so I cannot be of much help. My experience with Nikons and Windows tethering has always been problem free (thankfully!).

You might also like to post your question at- Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community where others may see it, including Adobe staff. But I would also be researching the 'Camera error 70' with Canon.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have not been able to shoot tethered for studio work since i bought the R i have to revert to my Canon 6D and the reason i bought the camera was to shoot tethered and give my customers a larger file, also the vari angle viewfinder is great when one is shooting over head or odd angles.

Have you had any luck since June 10?

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Terence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Terence.

Previously, I was not able to shoot tethered with my Canon EOS R, connected via the TetherTools USB-C to USB 3.0 cable to my Macbook Pro 2015.

After following the Troubleshooting steps discussed earlier, and still didn’t get it to work, I narrowed the root cause of the problem to be the TetherTools cable.

I took it it back to the retailer I purchased it from, we tested it in store and verified it was defective.

They replaced it for me there and then, and I’ve had no problems since then. I’ve been so relieved I can now shoot tethered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Femio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I don’t think I came back to you with an update regarding the challenge I was facing with my Canon EOS R not working for tethered shooting into Lightroom.

It it turned out it was a defective cable. I’ve had this replaced and the problem no longer persists.

Thank you for your support along the journey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wobert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah wonderful i just connected my Canon Eos R and Boooooooom connected and tethered seems very stable, will give feed back after my full day food shoot later in the month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines