• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing using Camtasia Multimedia

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to attach a Camtasia "video" to my Help project. When I click the file from the Multimedia "browse" window and then click Open, RoboHelp crashes. I do not have Camtasia on my computer... the video was created by someone else. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lfhall

What is the output? .SWF? .WMV? .MOV? Something else?

You may find that simply restarting RoboHelp allows you to be successful with inserting multimedia.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.swf. I was just thinking I should have put that in the first posting. 🙂 I have restarted several times. It crashes - so I have to! By the way, I'm trying to link it to text. And I've tried putting the .swf file on a network drive, then I moved it to my hard drive - and that didn't work either. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Perhaps try adding to Baggage first? Then link to the baggage file?

From what you last posted, it would seem you are simply trying to link text to the file without it existing in your project.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well darn. I thought that would do the trick. I hadn't put it in my baggage file, so I added it and it still crashes as soon as I click "Open." on the multimedia window. I guess I'll just call Adobe. Thanks for your help Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp