• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weekly Challenge - Crop objects and images with masking

Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hide parts of images and other content using masks in Adobe XD.

Masking-with-Shape(1000).gif

The Challenge

1. Create masks using this tutorial
  2. Share your published project by replying to this post. (Psst...if you share it privately, we will not be able to view it.)
  3. Describe your experience with using this feature, and provide suggestions around improving it. We will feature the best shares on our social media properties, with the required citations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video Tutorial: Mask objects using a series of shapes. Also includes best practices and FAQs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you make it so complicated? It could be so easy like in InDesign: Import out drag and drop image in XD. It has automatically a frame which I can now resize (and the image inside do not move or something else) to make my best cutout of my image. If I'd like to change this I just double click and can move the image. If I'd like to change the shape I can convert from rectangle to ellipse/star/triangle. In XD it's so hard to get the frame of the image. Double clicking a lot to catch the frame and have to change the default responsive adjustments … The image always move around and I don't know how to catch.

If I use a mask and use double clicking to catch the image, sometimes I drag the image inside it's automatically mask. So I have two masks and the confusion is there …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines