• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does indesign need access to my contacts . . .

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask the simple question of why indesign has asked to access to my contacts? The more paranoid half of me would think that Adobe would love to correlate my contacts with other users . . .

Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 12.04.24.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

David Baxter, who is Adobe staff, provided an answer in the posting that @Gusgsm linked to, and it is about as authoritative an answer as you'll find. Here's what David says:

"I agree with others here that this prompt is related to some of the new security features with Mojave. It only appears once, and only under certain conditions. It is not unique to Adobe, please see this discussion for Atom (open source text editor) where they were trying to understand the cause too. macOS Mojave: Atom requests access to Contacts and Calendars · Issue #17687 · atom/atom · GitHub"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cannot say I have ever seen that...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this prompt, and I wouldn't trust it !

Unless you're using some plugin intended do do something with data merging contacts or something like that, I'd say your installation of InDesign has been corrupted. Have you been using this installation of InDesign before without this notice, or did this occur right after a fresh install of InDesign or other application ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

Adobe posted this three days ago:

Adobe apps want to access my Contacts or Calendar

Solution

If you encounter this prompt, simply select Don't Allow. It will have no impact on the operation of your Adobe apps. The prompts should only happen once per app (per security category). When you update your Adobe app to a new version, macOS remembers your earlier choices and won't prompt you again.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes. I've never seen that message before either, John. What version of InDesign are you using and did you download it directly from Adobe? Are you running any third-party plug-ins?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David Baxter, who is Adobe staff, provided an answer in the posting that @Gusgsm linked to, and it is about as authoritative an answer as you'll find. Here's what David says:

"I agree with others here that this prompt is related to some of the new security features with Mojave. It only appears once, and only under certain conditions. It is not unique to Adobe, please see this discussion for Atom (open source text editor) where they were trying to understand the cause too. macOS Mojave: Atom requests access to Contacts and Calendars · Issue #17687 · atom/atom · GitHub"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moment I try to do a SEARCH in an Open or Save dialog, this happens in most programs, it is Mac OS related and has nothing to do with InDesign itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines