• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 (and individual CS2 products)

Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2005 Apr 22, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached PDF lists all the fonts bundled with Creative Suite 2 and the individual CS2 applications.

Enjoy!

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 23, 2005 Apr 23, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much nicer with a link to a PDF rather than that long list in the CS1 message, Thomas.

Don McCahill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2005 Apr 23, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it prints out nicely on one page too! Thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2005 Apr 25, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thomas. I was hoping that the Kepler Opticals Collection would be included in the bundle :-)

Keep on Mac'n,
Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2005 Apr 25, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for the entire OpenType Font Folio to be included... <vbg><br /><br />Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2005 Apr 27, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,

Are all of these fonts included with the Educational version?

Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2005 Apr 27, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victor

Thomas will have to give the definitive answer here, but I suspect they are. The full list of fonts was in the Ed Version of CS, which I purchased. I have no reason to assume a change in policy.

Don McCahill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2005 Apr 28, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My regular package of CS2 Premium reads "More than 100 OpenType fonts" on the box. As Don says, I would assume the same for the academic version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 02, 2005 May 02, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe those fonts are included in the educational version as well (they weren't in InDesign 2 as I recall, but were in InDesign CS - it's possible that the other apps are different, though).

Also, the registration incentives are available worldwide now, unlike CS.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2005 May 03, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Are they all including (even Garamond Premier) if you buy the Educational upgrade version?

If not, it's undoubtedly worth spending the extra $30 to get the new Garamond.

Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2005 May 09, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know this all applies equally to upgrade versions, though I can't swear to it.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2005 May 27, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the CS2 Premium upgrade from CS Premium, I've looked for but cannot find Bickham Pro. Where oh where is it hiding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2005 May 28, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple search for 'Bickham' on your hard drive will reveal its location depending on the platform you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned that a hard drive search using Agent Ransack did not turn up any file with Bickham in its name. I don't think the font was ever installed, despite what Mr. Phinney's pdf attachment says about its being bundled. Nor could I find it on any of the two resources CD's that come with CS2.

Calling Mr. Phinney: What gives with the phantom Bickham font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe font FILE names don't necessarily reflect the FONT name. They're
in the form XYZxx___.pfb etc. So a disk search for Bickham wouldn't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not OpenType!!!

They have file names that more accurately describe the font, i.e., closer to the font name. In the case of Bickham Script Pro Regular, the actual file name is BickhamScriptPro-Regular.otf.

- Dov
- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't Bickham a bonus you had to download after registering the suite? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[edited much later, to make me look more knowledgeable after the fact - I mean, to make things less confusing]

No, Garamond Premier Pro is the registration incentive font option for Creative Suite 2. Bickham Script Pro is bundled with the Suite (with CS1, it was Brioso and Warnock, respectively).

Cheers,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite as nice a registration gift as CS1. Bickham Script is a $99 value, while Brioso Pro Opticals, from CS1 is worth $349 to buy. Heck, that is about what I paid for the entire suite (education pricing).

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garamond Premier Pro is the incentive for registration of CS2 not Bickham Script Pro. It's not yet listed to purchase separately.

Try looking in your application support folder Michael.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/links/news.aspx?NID=4816

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2005 May 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool Zeb. I don't have CS2 (won't get it, probably). I suspect that Garamond Pro will be at least as pricy as Brioso (and a lot more useful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2005 May 29, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, tempting to go back and delete a bunch of messages just to avoid confusion. Zeb's right, I got mixed up: Bickham is the bonus family that you get with the suite (not included with any of the individual products), while Garamond Premier Pro is the registration incentive. I think with CS1 it was Warnock and Brioso, respectively....

Garamond Premier Pro is a great piece of work, of course.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2005 May 30, 2005

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Garamond Premier Pro is a great piece of work, of course.

Any specimen pages available yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas,
> Hmmm, tempting to go back and delete a bunch of messages just to avoid confusion.

Feel free to "correct history". I don't think anyone here will mind.

Thanks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not yet. The typeface isn't actually available at regular retail yet.

Regards,

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines