Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.chm is read only

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has run across an issue with the .chm file changing to read only after a file transfer/ dowload of the .chm? We use Afaria to download the .chm. As well as an .xml that puts the .chm into the proper directory needed. Thanks for any help here.

Deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2007 Nov 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, debtruevalue and welcome!
I know nothing about Afaria so there may be other issues. However, I believe you are encountering a common problem with the way chms are handled ever since Microsoft issued Windows XP Service Pack 2. There are a lot more restrictions for deploying CHM files because of MS' security concerns. First, the file must be on the local user's hard drive. To access the file, the user must go to the CHM, right click, select properties. At the bottom of this dialog box you, under Security, click Unblock.
Otherwise, it may be some other issue with Afaria I am not aware of.
Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2007 Nov 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you John!

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp