Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help for robohelp server

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm sure it's user error, but ... I'm evaluating Adobe Technical Communications Sutie (which I've never used before) because we'd like to publish help files out to a web site with an existing app running in a .Net environment. I've searched everywhere, but can't find the documentation that tells me:

1. do or don't I need RoboHelp Server ( I think so, but I'd like to see why in writing)
2. the actual process to publish out to the web

Can anybody help direct me to where this documentation might be?

Thanks,

zjillian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007
Hey, zjillian and welcome to the forums!
In the case you outline, I don't believe you would need the RoboHelp Server *necessarily*. It's optional and depends on whether you would like to use the features provided by the server. You can read this article that explains more about the server.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/rhserver.html

If you don't need these features, then publishing as plain "WebHelp" to support a .NET app would be fine. Either method can use the .NET API (a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 15, 2007 Nov 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, zjillian and welcome to the forums!
In the case you outline, I don't believe you would need the RoboHelp Server *necessarily*. It's optional and depends on whether you would like to use the features provided by the server. You can read this article that explains more about the server.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/rhserver.html

If you don't need these features, then publishing as plain "WebHelp" to support a .NET app would be fine. Either method can use the .NET API (also optional) which is included for free with RoboHelp along this path on your computer.
C:\Program Files\Adobe\RoboHelp 7.0\CSH API\RoboHelp.NET

The actual process to publish depends on your particular destination and method. For example, sending them via FTP to a web server directly, or placing them on a LAN Share drive where the web administrator can pick them up and place on the web server.

Check out these two online help topics for more details. To access them, paste these two topics in the online help search box.

WebHelp Publish dialog box

New Destination dialog box

Thanx
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2007 Nov 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you so much John, I appreciate the reply!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp