• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you know if it's possible to generate Word 2003 files from RoboHelp if we're using Office 2007 and RoboHelp 2007?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2007 Nov 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if it's possible to generate Word 2003 files from RoboHelp if we're using Office 2007 and RoboHelp 2007? We are thinking of upgrading, but have customers that would still require Word 2003 formats because they won't have 2007 installed.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2007 Nov 17, 2007
The first page of the wizard gives you the option of the doc extension (2003 compatible) or docx (2007 compatible). I don't believe any of the features added in Word 2007 can be saved in the doc format but not 100% sure of that.

Everything I have generated that way (using doc) has opened fine in Word 2003.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NewtoRobohelp

Unfortunately I don't have Office 2007 in front of me to test with. But I'm thinking that as long as Office 2007 still produces the same formats as 2003, you could do it this way.

From RoboHelp 7 and using Office 2007, generate Printed ouptut. Open said printed output in Office 2007 and perform a Save As. Save the document as a RTF (Rich Text Format) document.

RTF is more universal. So I'm thinking this may be a possible way around it. There is also the possibility that Word 2007 offers up an ability when saving a file to save in an older format.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The first page of the wizard gives you the option of the doc extension (2003 compatible) or docx (2007 compatible). I don't believe any of the features added in Word 2007 can be saved in the doc format but not 100% sure of that.

Everything I have generated that way (using doc) has opened fine in Word 2003.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp