• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! How do I get my menu bar back (Windows version on VMWare Fusion)?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the Acrobat 9.0 Windows version download trial in Windows XP Home in VMWare Fusion Virtualization on an iMac (works beautifully, by the way!).

I was trying all the preferences options when I selected, under the 'View' menu, 'Menu bar' which made my menu bar disappear. How do I get it back?

I searched the forums and found answers for the Acrobat Windows version in Windows to press the 'F9' key on a PC keyboard but that doesn't work on my Mac keyboard.

I found a keyboard combo for Mac users but that doesn't work either for the Windows version in VMWare Fusion.

I previously selected the option to return to the previous screen settings so closing the document and reopening it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this is PC version using XP I'm afraid you'll have to check in on the PC side.

Caution: just say your using XP Home and trying out the trial. Don't mention the word Mac. PC folks, would make you regret doing that. As much as its so 80's and 90's for such behavior its still around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2009 Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, Ok thanks. Btw, this is the first time I've ever used Windows and even tho it's a Mac knock-off I'm surprised by how cheap and cartoonish it looks and feels. Makes me appreciate the Mac OS even more. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2010 Mar 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is possible to hide them, using the View > Menu Bar command. However, the only way to display and use them again is by pressing F9/Shift+Command+M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines