Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser Compatibility

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I created Help files using WebHelp Pro and they are integrated into our web-based application. Site Help works fine in IE, Netscape and FireFox. My project manager decided to check Safari because apparently use of this browser is becoming more prevalent. Here's what he found:

"In the Site Help page, the left pane did not load properly – I could not see any links. I think its called the Navigation or Contents pane. Also, the Index pane did not display either."

Does anyone know why this is, and if it can be fixed?

Also, does anyone know what Adobe says about compatibility of WebHelp output with browsers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007
In the RH Help, topic "WebHelp browser and platform limitations,"

Platform limitations:
Macintosh

* Macintosh has a 32-character file name limit. If you have long topic titles with matching long file names, the topics will not be viewable on a Macintosh.
* Output displays as HTML lists instead of using Dynamic HTML or Java applets.
* .BMP image files do not display properly. Use .GIF or .JPG image files.

See also their topic "About generating WebHelp with different options." There's stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In the RH Help, topic "WebHelp browser and platform limitations,"

Platform limitations:
Macintosh

* Macintosh has a 32-character file name limit. If you have long topic titles with matching long file names, the topics will not be viewable on a Macintosh.
* Output displays as HTML lists instead of using Dynamic HTML or Java applets.
* .BMP image files do not display properly. Use .GIF or .JPG image files.

See also their topic "About generating WebHelp with different options." There's stuff in these topics about using the Pure HTML option for those platforms/browsers that don't fully support Dynamic HTML, which might apply here.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp