• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reset settings to default?

New Here ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<newbie questions><br /><br />I have a PDF someone made from a PowerPoint that had light text on dark background.<br /><br />Q1: I want to print the document in B&W without wasting ink. How does one do that?<br /><br />Q2: How does one reset all Acrobat settings (preferences, etc.) shy of reinstalling the program? Does that also reset Preflight settings to defaults? <br /><br /></newbie questions><br /><br />Thanks,<br />humanengr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q1: In your print setup in the Advanced area you should be able to choose under Output > Composite Gray. You may also have a utility specific to your printer where can set up all your files to go to grayscale.

Q2: delete all your Acrobat preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2008 May 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Russell -- thanks. I deleted all Acrobat preferences, but that didn't seem to fix the problem I had. Perhaps I'm not asking the right question:

Some files with light text and dark background, e.g., http://dnr.louisiana.gov/sec/execdiv/techasmt/presentations/IETC_Chemical_Marketing_Assoc_Inc_20040501.pdf, display properly (light text, dark background) in Safari and Acrobat Reader. But when I open the file in Acrobat Pro, it displays as dark text, dark background.

Other files, e.g., http://www.acer.edu.au/documents/RC2006_Masters_OpeningSlides.pdf, display properly in Safari and Reader. But when I open this file in Acrobat Pro, it displays as dark text, white background.

Which Acrobat Pro setting controls this behavior?

In my earlier search for color changing capabilities, I had selected Digital Printing in Advanced > Preflight and "Executed" and thought that might have permanently changed a setting. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the Output > Composite Gray suggestion; I hadn't seen that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2008 May 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the Accessibility options under Preferences? /Replace
document colours

you might have Apple Preview as the rendering engine inside Safari
you might have different view options under Adobe Reader

I'm using different versions of both Reader and Pro and I see
light/yellow text and blue backgrounds generally ...

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2008 May 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon -- thanks, you're right, I had changed the appearance setting in Acrobat Pro while I was experimenting. I thought removing the preference files would've reset that.=-O

So, the Accessibility option to use "Black text on white" works as expected on
http://www.acer.edu.au/documents/RC2006_Masters_OpeningSlides.pdf,
but doesn't change the background on
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/sec/execdiv/techasmt/presentations/IETC_Chemical_Marketing_Assoc_Inc_20040501.pdf.

Is there some other method I should apply to achieve black text on a light background for such a page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - just so I get this right ...

You WANT to change the text so it displays and print differently or ....
are you stating your pages are not displaying correctly - period?

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jon -- thanks for your patience.

Both URLs I cited display correctly when Replace Document Colors is not selected. I want to change them so they display and print with black text on a light/white background.

"Black text on white" changes the text but not the background on
http://dnr.louisiana.gov/sec/execdiv/techasmt/presentations/IETC_Chemical_Marketing_Assoc_Inc_20040501.pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines