• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import word documents style problems

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use RoboHelp html, i do have a lot of word help files that I need to import. These word documents were written with careful attention to tagging text with styles. Some using default word styles and there are some custom styles. When I go through the import word document wizard I get to the screen where it says "Split on style...create new topics based on" and then it lists all the styles out. The problem is the styles all have names that i don't recognize like so:
InlineNoSpacing
InlineNoSpacing1
InlineNoSpacing2
InlineNoSpacing3
InlineNoSpacing4
etc...

How can I get it to recognize my word styles? I thought it would automatically pick them up from the import. Is there a way I can import those styles?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I can understand some styles being ones you don't recognise. That probably comes from ticking the field "Auto-create styles from inline formatting".

However you seem to be saying that you don't recognise any of the styles you expect to see, custom or default. Is that correct? Are you not seeing Heading 1 for example?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is how can I import my custom styles so I can recognize them with the same names. Is there a way to import my custom styles before I import the document so this process is easier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the styles should be listed, hence me asking what you are seeing. I need to know that to help you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I am not being clear.
The styles are showing as:
InlineNoSpacing
InlineNoSpacing1
InlineNoSpacing2
InlineNoSpacing3
InlineNoSpacing4
etc...

They are custom styles we created in word and I would like them to show with the names we are using in the word document. So I am wondering if there is a way to import my custom word styles in with their names and everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You said in your first post

The problem is the styles all have names that i don't recognize like so:
InlineNoSpacing
InlineNoSpacing1
InlineNoSpacing2
InlineNoSpacing3
InlineNoSpacing4
etc...

I take that to mean you do NOT recognise those names.

In your last post you say:

They are custom styles we created in word and I would like them to show with the names we are using in the word document.

Which seems to say the are names you DO recognise. Further you say you would like them to show with the names you are using in Word. But that is just what they seem to be doing.

Can you please indicate clearly what you are seeing where and how that does or does not give you what you want?

Maybe some screenshots sent via my site would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp