• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit"

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have gotten the RIKLA from Adobe. And I use the example code BasicPlugin(you can download it from Adobe wetsite) as my plug_in, then, I made the api file according to the steps in document in the "Creating an Adobe Reader Plug_in" section of the "Developping Plug_ins and Applications". As last,I copy the api file to plug_ins folder, open Adobe Reader 8. I saw under the Tool memu there is a new menu named Acrobat sdk so that I think the api file is loaded successfully by Acrobat reader. But an error appears, it is "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". Can someone tell me why?Thank you.
TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing to check is whether the plug-in actually does its job
when you load it in Acrobat.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the acrobat reader, I must click tool menu, otherwise the error will appear and the reader has no any response. But if I click the tool menu, the error does not appear. At this time, I can test the plug_in, it works. But as long as I leave the tool menu, the error will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>When I open the acrobat reader

I assume you mean Adobe Reader; the last version called Acrobat Reader
was 5.1.

What I was asking you was to check that the plug-in loaded correctly
in Acrobat. NOT in the free Reader. You must test in Acrobat first.

I assume you have got a Reader enabling kit and license from Adobe to
write Reader plug-ins? If this doesn't sound right, you need to read
the document about developing for Reader.

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andin,

I'm intended to build a Plug-IN for InDesign CS5.5 as a start point.

For first test I've build the XMCATALOHANDLER-Plug-In from the SDK-Samples.

The Buid was succesfull.

But when starting InDesignCS5.5 with this Plug-In in ID's plug-in-folder I get the error 'Adobe InDesignCD5.5 does not recignise XMLCATALOGHANDLER:APLN as a valid plug-in. Please reinstall the XMLCATALOGHANDLER.APLN plug-in and restart InDesign'.

Could you please let me know, what is causing thet error?

You may reache me via jochen.seliger@flowcontrol.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochens5907408           This discussion, and this forum, are about plug-ins for Adobe Acrobat and Reader. You should try the InDesign SDK forum -- InDesign SDK  . You will probably need to start with the latest SDK and InDesign CC - not sure development for an old version is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Reader 9 and when I open pdf file, after 3 seconds appear the message "Invalid plugin detected adobe reader will quit".

Some on would help me about this error.

Thank You

Flavio dos Santos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like you have an old custom plugin installed. Remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bruce,

Even I tried the BasicPlugin Sample but I did not get the Menu added in the menu bar. Every time, I open my reader I get the error "Invalid Plug-in". Can you please tell me what the issue is? Because you are also getting the same error but at least when you click on tools options, you can see your plug-in. I am not even able to see the plug-in.

Thanks,
Amruta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2008 Nov 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the Acrobat SDK are you using?

Sanctus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also has the error.

sdk version 9.0
Reader9.0

And anyone can tell me why?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2008 Nov 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disalbe the following code No that error
ACCB1 ASBool ACCB2 PISetupSDK (ASUns32 handshakeVersion, void *sdkData)
{
//data->handshakeCallback = (ASCallback)ASCallbackCreateProto(PIHandshakeProcType, PIHandshake);
}

But if I don't disable the above and just return true in the following code has the error

ACCB1 ASBool ACCB2 PIHandshake(Uns32 handshakeVersion, void *handshakeData)
{

return true;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2008 Nov 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you Reader Enable the plugin as per the SDK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2008 Nov 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I don't enabled the plug as per the sdk.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried up-issues (Adobe Reader 8.1.2+) and got the same error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit".

I fixed this error by following laborious steps described in the Adobe Technical Support Home.
Not sure if this helps you guys; but worth a try. Developers should say if this the real cause.

You can find these in the "plug-ins" folder.

"HAEvents32.api" is the main culprit. Along that, I removed "Helmant32.api" and "Helmbkmk32.api".
Without deleting these two, an error or two might come but still PDF will work. I tried all these combinations.

Note: Delete these files if present anywhere else in the system else they recreate themselves.

Forgive me if this is not a place for kids like me. 🙂 I am not a Techie 😉 Thanks every one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in response to: (Jittu_Sharma)

Nov 16, 2008 10:37 AM in response to: (bruce628) Re: the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit"

I followed your instructions

"You can find these in the "plug-ins" folder. "

I finally found my culprit, I deleted one file folder at a time, then restored them from my Recycle Bin.

I finally found my culprit, in the folder “Babylon” the file “BabylonRPI" was the main culprit.

I deleted the whole Babylon file folder, and havent had the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit" ever since.

Thank you very much kid, you kept it simple, I am not a Techie either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are NOT standard Adobe plugins...I would contact the author/publisher...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2009 Sep 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you guys are making thing way too complicated.

Here is why I got this error.

I had the normal Adobe Reader 8 but I found out that the new Adobe Reader 9 Pro has this OCR text recognition thingy which is the coolest thing ever for college student like me. Anyway, after I downloaded the trail and got the best out of it, it expired and left me with nothing

I am going to skip the next part because I end up uninstalling the Pro and then installing it again hoping I will get another 30 days (silly me) but from doing all this the 8 got all messed up.

Now, I competely got rid off the Pro and have 8 but it kept getting the above mentioned error. Here is how I fixed it because nothing worked from the previous posts:

1. I opened the .pdf file

2. I clicked on Help

3. Clicked on REPAIR ADOBE READER INSTALLATION

4...and magically everything works just fine again

I hope this helps to some of us.

Peace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the instructions did not work for me.  I received this 'invalid plugin detected' immediately after I had installed CutePDF Writer.  Obviously it has installed a plug-in somewhere which Adobe Reader is picking up on, it then terminates the program.  I have uninstalled the programe and have tried to clean my Windows 7 operating system with CCleaner, all to no avail.

ADOBE this is not good news, so many hits on this in Google, you've messed up big time.  The only way to get to my PDF documents is to get another PDF reader installed. I guess that is the last Adobe wants, so please get your finger out and sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what this has to do with the Acrobat SDK.

It sounds like you've discovered an issue with the CutePDF product, not ours. Why don't you report the issue to their support staff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2009 Nov 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me recap; Adobe Reader is not working and you suggest to let CutePDF know and provide a solution? CutePDF is working very well! Considering that more than 3 million queries were raised through Google on this very subject makes me wander whether Adobe actually realizes to scale of this problem.

I have resolved the issue by renaming the "plugins" directory to "plugins deleted" and then restarted Adobe Reader. It has rebuilt a new directory and the program works fine now. The option in the Help pulldown menu does not work for me.

Regards,

Pieter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2009 Nov 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You told me that Reader was working fine UNTIL you installed CutePDF. That would seem to imply that when they install their software it causes problems for us. I also know that users who do NOT have CutePDF installed don't see any such problems. Seems pretty clear where the problem(s) lie.

Also, be aware that without plugins installed, you have turned off a HUGE amount of functionality in Reader including the ability to properly view and interact with a variety of PDF files.

Wouldn't it be easier to use a proper Adobe Reader and a PDF creation tools that doesn’t cause conflicts? There are other free PDF creation tools out there that don't have such issues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks P-Jansen!  

The solution from 'bulgariangirl' didn't work for me either, so I try the one from  'P-Jansen' and worked. Goto C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader and rename the [plug_ins] folder to [plugins deleted] (Maybe any name will do it, but I prefered to go with the sugested one.) Restart Adobe Reader and walla! Error is gone!

At least from the user point of view this quick fix works, however, for developers the root of the problem is not solved yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have met the same problem.

Our plugin is developed using SDK 7 and worked fine under Acrobat 7/8/9.

This afternoon we receive the certificate from adobe and then i use "SignPlugin" tool to sign our plugin.

The sign process is successful.

But when i start up Reader 9.2 it shows the error.....

Could somebody tell me why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the signing tool in the Acrobat 9 SDK, since the Reader IKLA key is only valid for a single version of Reader (9, in this case).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines