Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollovers on Image Maps

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2007 Nov 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me if it's possible to have rollovers9 such as a highlight) on image maps.
I'm creating a help file with a lot of graphics and lots of image maps as links to other pages, but I need some kind of visual que to let people know they can do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NJV20

I suppose you could accomplish it using DHTML and Positioned Text Boxes (shudder).

You might consider one of the following approaches.

1. Just above the image, insert a line of text advising the user to click areas of the image below for more information. Then have alternative text that appears when they mouse over.

2. You could use Adobe Captivate to accomplish this.

Hopefully you will find something you are comfortable with... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Rick,
I have learned to never relay on positioned text boxes, which are always where you don't want them. Why is that?

I have been going with your first suggestion and made an icon to represent and graphics with interactivity, but I'd hate for people to miss all the options that are present to them

I have thought about creating a swf with rollovers out of the graphic but there are simply too many of them and never enough time.

I guess I was just hoping there would be an easier way.
Thanks for the advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp