• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plays wrong recording in preview and publish

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2007 Nov 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three slides in a row. I have spliced different audio recordings on each of the three slides. When I listen in Edit mode, it plays the right audio with the right slide. When I publish or preview it will play the audio from slide three for each of the slides. How do I stop this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2007 Nov 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum.

I had a similar problem which I caused by inadvertently dropping an audio file into a slide body rather than dropping it onto the slide itself. The audio got assigned to a caption which I then copied to multiple slides. It played on every slide.

Try looking at the advanced audio management screen to see if the slide 3 audio file is assigned to multiple objects.

In Captivate V2, select Advanced audio from the Audio menu. Enable the Show object level audio checkbox -- lower left corner of the Advanced Audio Management window. Alternatively, right mouse click the slide 3 audio file in the library and select usage; but that will show you only the one file's assignments.

Using either approach you'll be able to see if the slide 3 audio is assigned to more than one slide or object.

If the assignment looks correct, try deleting the audio files from the library -- export them prior to deleting -- and reimporting them. Then reassign the audio to the slides. Captivate can become confused about objects and recreating them can help clear up that confusion.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources