Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing crop/reg marks from PDF

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2009 Jan 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat 8 Pro.

I need to place individual pages from a PDF (for which I do not have -- and cannot get -- the native files) in an InDesign document.

I need to remove the crop marks and registration marks from the PDF pages. (They weren't offset properly, so they extend into the bleed area.) I know how to do it manually, but there are a lot of pages and I'm looking for an easier way out.

I could have SWORN that I had once stumbled upon a setting/option to remove all marks that were outside the image area, but I didn't make a note of it and can't find any such option. (It might not work in this case anyway, since the marks do overlap the image, but I still want to know if the capability is there.)

At this point, I'm seriously thinking that maybe I dreamed it.

Does such an option exist? If not, is there some way to remove those extraneous marks from all pages in a PDF in one fell swoop?

TIA,

Marlene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I crop the pages so that the crop marks and registration marks are gone, the pages will be too small. I need to retain the full image size, but get rid of the marks that are jutting into the image.

Maybe I'm not explaining this clearly ... the bleed size of the image area on each page is correct. But the crop marks, instead of being offset so they fall OUTSIDE the bleed edge, actually extend into the bleed area.

The marks should be offset a couple points more than the bleed size -- e.g., if there's a 9 pt bleed, the marks should be offset 12 pts or 15 pts.

But they aren't -- they were offset less than 9 pts, so they don't fall outside the bleed edges. They extend into the bleed area.

Marlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2009 Jan 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the link below and select InDesign videos. Watch the video titled "Importing content into InDesign". It explains how to remove those marks when importing PDFs.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/video_workshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get rid of crop marks in Indesign, even though I can't see them in Indeisgn, but can when I make a PDF of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shanti, it's a setting in the export to PDF options of InDesign. Make sure you have crop marks unchecked in the that dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2009 Mar 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How to delete crop marks in Adobe Acrobat? I'm getting a lot of PDF files with crop marks and it is avoiding in impositon tools..

Best regards

Piotr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines