• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF Printer missing (acrobat 9 pro, XP pro)

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2009 Mar 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I searched the forums and found some similar problems, but not with my config, and, no solution.

I have installed Adobe Creative Suite CS4 to a new, clean system. It runs on WIN XP Pro. This installation includes Acrobat 9 pro.

Sadly, the printer is NOT in my printers list. I cannot print to PDF via file>print.

I tried help>repair in acrobat, but no difference. I also upgraded the newest versions of my adobe software via adobe updater.

Can anybody help me please? I don't want to install third party PDF writer, I paid for Adobe and I want to use it properly. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem! I've tried all of the above. I'm running Office XP 2002 & Acrobat 9 Pro on Window XP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem to can anyone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2009 Mar 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem after the upgrade to Pro 8 on XP Pro. Got tired of trying all the suggestions that didn't work and finally found in one of the other threads here a reference to the bullzip printer. It's free to download and use. I did and haven't looked back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re missing pdf printer in CS4, try running the adobe support advisor tool on the installation logs of CS4 and see if anything comes up.

More info on this tool and where to get it:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb405816&sliceId=1

one thing to ensure is to have WIn XP most recent Service Pack installed, (SP3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2009 Mar 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any of you have InTuit® Quick Books installed?
That program harnesses the Print Spooler and won't allow the PDF printer to install.

Do this even if you don't...
Go to Start > Run and type services.msc and click "OK"
Scroll down to "Print Spooler"
Right click and choose "Properties"
Now click on the "Dependencies" Tab
The only thing there should be "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
If there are any other items listed - remove them
Go back to the "General" Tab and make sure the "Startup Type" is set to "Automatic" and that the service is "Started" - Reboot

Now Repair Acrobat® - reboot if prompted to, then check your Printers folder. Is the PDF Printer listed?

J.R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2009 Mar 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon ATS:
I run the Support advisor toot, it said:
"The module found no solutions to report for the selected log file.
If you continue to have difficulties with the application,
please contact Adobe Support: http://www.adobe.com/support
--------------------
System Information :
Operating System = Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
Locale = cs"

When I wanted to close the Support tool, it said:
"Creative Suite Product Install Inspector has identified an issue that needs attention.
An issue report has been generated.
Adobe will use this issue report to help address this issue in the future."

Nothing else...

J.R. Sanford:
I checked it, and only RPC is listed. BTW I noticed, that now I am receiving worse PDF outputs from some settings like "High quality print" (from InDesign). Vectors are ugly and has edges. However, exporting to 2001x/1a is good. I am very disappointed :(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JRCZ, was the Print Spooler running and set to "automatic"?
Have you tried the repair under a new "admin" account under a selective startup with everything not needed turned off?

Just some more ideas for you.

J.R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that Acrobat 9 Pro printer has disappeared altogether. I have just updated to 9.1, I wonder if the update process removed the printer.

Any help appreciated.

CS4 Design Premium
XP-64 sp2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2009 Mar 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same just happened to me after upgrade to Acrobat Pro 9.1
in CS4 Design Standard
on XP Pro 32 sp2

This removal is even listed in the system event view as:
"Printer Adobe PDF is pending deletion"
and after a reboot:
"Printer Adobe PDF was deleted."

I opened a call with Support but no news yet.

I tried the Repair action under the Acrobat Help menu and get the windows error:
Error 2711: The specified Feature name ("UpdateFiles") not found in Feature table.

I really hope this is bug in 9.1 upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2009 Mar 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2711 is a msi error, looks like there's an issue with a registry key on your system.

See if you can adapt the suggestions from this kb doc to yuor situation:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=322388

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2009 Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arash

I see the same thing in my System event view: "Printer Adobe PDF is pending deletion: Event ID 4. The printer was deleted during the Acrobat update to 9.1 from 9.0.

Have you had a reply from Adobe? I tried "repair" and it returned no error, but the printer is still MIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacqui

Adobe pointed me to this document
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=333221

However I fixed my case by:
1- uninstalling the version 9.1

2- installing version 9.0 again
at this point the PDF printer was back

3- trying the 9.1 upgrade again
and this time the PDF printer remained.

Arash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a different problem from the first (my) one.
I tried everything there and still no printer.

Can I contact Adobe directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JRCZ, Yes, you can call Adobe's Acrobat® Technical support (which I used to work for) and get free support for the current version. Did you try doing what is listed above?

I haven't worked for them since Acrobat 7.0 was the current version so I have really no idea what could be causing your problem. Do you have any other printers installed. You may try uninstalling all of them, reboot and then repairing Acrobat® and see if that installs the Adobe® PDF Printer. Good luck...

J.R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi J.R. Sanford,

yes I tried. I have only one printer installed, my personal Canon Pixma. And microsoft One Note printer. I check some help on some blog, to create the printer manualy. It used to select acrobat.exe or something, but it crashed on that the system could't find some files.

I can try install the CS4 on another computer, but what happen with the licence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem and I solved it by manually installing the Adobe PDF printer using the instructions found here. My guess is that one of the system file is missing (pscript.hlp in my case) so the printer failed to install during setup.

Incidentally, you can use the same technique to install multiple copies of the Adobe PDF printer in the same system (each under a different names). Ideal if you want different default settings for each printer.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines