• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to change font color from blue to black in Adobe Reader 8

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2007 Nov 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Adobe Reader 8 and wanted to print fillable forms from www.irs.gov and it is only allowing BLUE font text that doesn't print well. What is needed to print BLACK font text in these fillable forms? What Adobe product needed if Adobe Reader 8 won't work? Any way to change Adobe Reader 8 settings to accomodate this desire?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2007 Nov 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Reader 8.1.0, so I hope the path is the same: go to Edit-Preferences and select Accessibility. Once there, you need to check-mark the box that says "Replace document colors" in order to have access to the grayed out options.

Once you have access to them, click on the "Document Text" box and change the color to black. Also, if you do want the line art to be changed to black then check-mark the box located 2 lines below that says "Change the color of line art as well as text". Click OK and you should see your text in black. The printout should be in black...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks shiguera,

I was able to get the black text to show up on-screen but wasn't able to get the "black" text to print on my black and white laser printer. It prints light gray instead but not sure how to print it "black" text. Any idea on how to set preferences for printing fillable forms with black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2007 Nov 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I was able to get the black text to show up on-screen but wasn't able to get the "black" text to print on my black and white laser printer

Changing those preferences only effects the screen view.

Basically, your black printer is printing the blue as gray.

Unfortunately, with Reader, there is nothing you can do about it.

And just an FYI, you are in the Acrobat forum, not the Reader forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2008 Jan 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a question here but realized that i should just create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2008 Jan 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reader forum is at http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?13@@.3bbf42f7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2008 Mar 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to insert text box with black text into my pdf document.
We use Tools - Test Box Tool - and type in text. But the text color is only in red and only one font size.

We are using Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional in Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit systems.

I use Edit-Preferences - Accessibility. Replace Document colors - use Windows Color Scheme. But I am still unable to change the red color text to black.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Young 707,

Ctrl+E opens a properties dialog box. See the helpful tutorial by Tim Huff below:

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobatforaec/2007/06/mark_up_tool_texthow_the_heck.html

Simon P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2008 Mar 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupid, it's no tin Adobe preferences, it's in PRINT settings - select print Color as BLACK & WHITE, does anyone use brains here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2008 Mar 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Brian Leeee, Shiguera, and others that Google this page,

Please disregard the "Stupid" label by userID, above.

To fix your problem you do in fact need Adobe Acrobat. You must edit the form: Go to the "Forms" option in the main menu, then "Edit Form in Acrobat." Then go to the "Edit" main menu option and "Select All." Right-click on any form field and select "Properties..." in the pop-up menu. Select the "Appearance" tab and click the "Text Color:" icon. You can then select a true black for the font, and not a gray-scale version you would get by changing the printing option.

I myself prefer my tax forms printed in true black instead of blue or gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Reader 8 folks listen to the user id person two comments above mine.  I went into print setup and changed the print to grey scale and then set the settings to very black and it printed perfectly with black letters.  The other suggestions did not work but finally userid's suggestions worked great!

You will have to work with your printers format, it is probably does not have a greyscale option and may just have a black/white option as userid's did!

thanks

userid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crossroads,

That option would work great for me - if I didn't prefer the other items in the pdf document to be printed in color. I would like the type to be black and the Letterhead to be in their given color. Unfortunately, changing the color format to grayscale in my printer doesn't allow for preferential treatment.

So to Mr. UserID.... "you ah'vice no good foh me"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CAN change the color from blue to black. 

On Adobe, between the eraser icon and the "Read aloud" note, there is a letter "T" inside a box. 

Click on the box and then click over the area you wish to fill in.  At that time you will be able to type in the box (which is adjustable to move into proper position), but also note the elongated box that hovers over the typed area. 

It shows the letter "A" in blue.  Click on that letter and change the color by clicking on the black circle.

There is not a Bold indicator but using all caps makes it more readable.  I appears AND PRINTS in black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW - If you make an error and later want to go back to make a correction, click the "T" box again over the error and hit the "trashcan" icon.  It will erase what was typed in the boxed area, then you would start over with your correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines