• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create popups in a PDF file ?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to know if and how I could create pop-ups in a PDF file.

The idea is to be able to offer the data behind a chart as text, which then could be copied & pasted into programms like Excel.

With regards,
Jacques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try asking this in the Acrobat forum (assuming you do have
Adobe Acrobat).

Aandi Inston

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it would achieve your goal but there are two possible suggestions I have.

The first is that you could put the data in an appendix and then just use normal navigation tools to get to it. This allows the reader to see it if they want but it doesnt get in their way otherwise.

The second is to host the data somewhere and incorporate a link to the webpage into your pdf-that would be a real popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2008 Aug 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually a nice idea if not an imperative. When I first saw the words "pop-up" I reccoiled in horror and was reaching for the venom pen.

Let's give this idea some legs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've wanted to do the same thing myself, so I'm curious if there is a way to create a pop-up that's not as annoying what you get on most websites.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hmm.. I have never heard of Adobe's ability to make popups in the document but maybe I am wrong..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines