• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eBook expert help needed !!!

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2008 Sep 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help needed to convert a MS Word document into a PDF ebook. Report was created on a PC using MS Word 2003. Since the report was created, I bought and plan to use an iMac with Word for Mac 2008 and Acrobat 8 Professional.

This is probably simple for most of you but not for this somewhat senior knuckle-head. Finding help on the internet for this topic has been frustrating, to say the least. My take on what Ive read about creating a PDF ebook is that acrobat is the absolute best program to create a truly professional ebook.

Desired features: TOC, bookmarks, links, allow printing but prohibit copy and paste, not password protected but some measure of protection on a budget (if this is possible),

This eBook (our first effort) will be offered (for purchase) on a new website to be built soon. Please offer your advice/suggestions/thoughts to enable us to provide a truly, top-notch professional eBook.

A step-by-step tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to help!!!

Mac Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2008 Sep 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has a "How To" guide at:

http://www.adobe.com/epaper/tips/acr5ebook/

How to Create Adobe PDF eBooks Tutorial.

Hope this is of some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2008 Sep 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are free and paid products "out there" that will do this task for you. Just google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used a free program at pdf995.com to convert Word files to PDF's. It's very simple once you have it installed, you open your document in Word, select print, click pdf995 and your document is now a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2008 Oct 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An easy, inexpensive way is to download Open Office.

You can open your Word document, save it and print it directly to PDF format. By the way, if you don't know, Open Office is free.

Best of luck,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I second David M Allen's suggestion. Open Office is great for
converting .doc files to pdf.

I will add, however, that there's a charge for commercial
use, though it's much less than paying for Microsoft Office.

best, Rick Stooker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2008 Nov 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that Open Office is a great way to convert to pdf. I have MS Office but always use Open Office for this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2008 Nov 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too will be writing an eBook soon and heard a lot about Open Office. Has anyone had any experience with OO? If so, can you provide some details? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2008 Nov 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another vote for Open Office - free and without doubt the best way I've found to make a Word document a PDF. You might have to fiddle with the layout a tad tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Just like to advise that as a Virtual Assistant I create lots of ebooks on behalf of clients and have great success formating them in Word and converting with Adobe.

regards
Monika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can download free ebooks on various topics from http://www.free-ebook.biz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines